A Lovely Reunion (CH.40)

Shinobu's Pov

Y/N had just presented me to his friends, and what at first was a wholesome moment, that I could also take advantage of in order to know more about him and how he acts when I'm not around, suddenly became a moment of extreme embarrassment. I can't quite confirm it, because I might've misheard due to all the time we spent apart, but I'm pretty certain that he was about to call me his girlfriend.

It took me about a minute to catch up to this, but once I did, I quite literally exploded into a blush. I tried my best to hide it by moving my face a bit to the side, but while doing so, I couldn't help turning to look at Y/N, because I was curious as to what his own reaction was, and what I saw, gave me a different perspective in less than a second.

Looking at him, and more specifically, his expression, it was clear just how much more embarrassed he was by this. So much so that he seemed to have short circuited himself, and couldn't speak at all for quite a while.

I myself was still embarrassed, but seeing this made me let out a little chuckle to myself, and I even got a little idea. 'I mean, teasing him for a bit wouldn't hurt anyone, right? He did embarrass me quite a lot last time at the Mansion, so I think he kind of deserves this.' And with that, the blush on my cheeks started fading away from what I could feel, and was instead replaced with a grin all over my face.

A couple of seconds later though, one of his friends, the one he said was named Tero, got a bit closer to me and said. "So it's you that we followed around for an entire week?" I was a bit confused by this, but I then remembered the final selection, and how Y/N said that he kept trying to look for me, which made feel embarrassed once again, but just slightly.

I instead just nodded slightly at him, to which he said. "Well, nice to meet you." And then the two of us bowed down at each other. However, as I looked at him, I could see that he was also a bit nervous about something. At first I wondered why, but I shortly assumed that it was because he wasn't all that good with girls, however, to my surprise, he ended up saying. "And if I-I'm honest, I think I see why he was so focused on finding you." And while it made me blush a bit again, I just ended up laughing a bit, since I didn't expect him to say something like this.

My best guess was that he was probably trying to get out of his 'shell' or something like that, because otherwise, I don't see who would say something so daring to someone they just meet while also being so nervous about it.

My laughed seemed a bit too surprising for him, but before he got the time to say anything, I replied. "Thanks for that, but you better not get your hopes up." The guy seemed nice enough. Probably not as dumb as Y/N, but it's not like that's something I thoroughly dislike on him, so I still preferred him on top of Tero.

The guy seemed a bit confused, but more than anything, he was clearly shocked, as he probably didn't anticipate my reaction, but he was fairly quickly to shrug most of it off, and instead said. "Alright, I get it. You already have your eyes set on someone. I won't intervene." Hearing this, I had to take a moment, not because I was really all that embarrassed, but rather because I fully didn't believe that he just said that, but after playing everything again in my head, I was certain that he said that.

He was going to continue talking. "And if you want my opinion-" But before he got to say anything, I gave two pats to his shoulder, after which I left my hand on top of there, and as he stopped talking from confusion, I said.

"Why don't I give you an advice of my own instead?" And as I gripped my hand with more strength, I said to him. "You would do better by choosing your words more carefully from now on. Who knows what trouble you might get into if you don't." And with that, just after making sure to give one last squeeze to his shoulder, I let go, and flashed the brightest smile I could at him, making sure that he got my point.