Chapter 6 - A Page From What Book?

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah! He came in right after you finished talking to everyone and went back to your dorm! You must've just missed each other, huh?"

I nodded and decided to shift my focus to what I came here for: our collaboration.

"Anyways. Enoshima, do you have any ideas for the video?"

"Just call me Junko! And yeah! For the whole evaluation, we could call in my lighting and photography crew, so it'll seem like a real fashion shoot!"

"That's a great idea. We have to pick a date so you can let them know when they can get passes to come on campus. I was thinking we could get a podium for the person we evaluate to stand on, uhm, make a rating system of some sort, pick background music, come up with a cool title, maybe get a sponsor? I'm sure that we could get a clothing brand or something to sponsor the video, and we wear clothes from that line in the video."

Enos- Junko looked at me in awe, elbows on the table, hands propping up her chin, just pure childlike wonder. 

"You're sooooo good at this, y'know! Wow, just the thought of me ever being as great as you are at this is hopeless!"

I brought a sheepish hand to my hair and chuckled.

"I mean, I don't have 2 billion subscribers for no reason... hahah. But, your expertise in fashion is something I can't even begin to fathom! You're going to be a great help, I can feel it. And since this is your domain, you can pick the brand we can get sponsored by in the video!"

Junko scanned me and rolled her eyes. What? Why would she-?

"Don't even lie! Literally, all of your clothes are designer! How the fuck can you say you can't fathom my fashion expertise!? You clearly know your shit!"

I tugged at my sleeves self-consciously at Junko's evaluation of my clothes. Only a few others in my class either completely disregarded or modified the uniform.

"Ah... you noticed? I should have expected that. I get sponsored a lot by brands, having 2 billion people at your fingertips is a power that a lot of companies need marketing-wise. So in addition to the hefty checks, I get to keep all the clothes and accessories I review. Or any other products, depending. And even if a video doesn't get published, I still get a decent amount for even considering. It's pretty crazy."

Junko laughed and nodded fervently at my statement.

"OMG! Literally, the same thing happens when I model for a line! Anyways! Mukuro needs me for some stupid shit, so I gotta bounce! But we'll text some more about this later, right hottie?"

I barely nodded at her statement and was left bewildered at her swift departure.

Left alone, I decided to return all the food Junko brought out for me back to the kitchen. I sighed frequently between then and 5 post meridiem.

--

Despite being demanded to arrive at 5:30, I left my dorm at 5. To be early is to be on time, and to be on time is to be late. And besides, I'm not going to sprint to the library. It takes a while, and at a leisurely pace, it should take about fifteen minutes to reach the second floor of the main building.

True to my prediction, I arrived at 5:17. Without an ounce of nervousness, okay that's a lie, I opened the door to the library. Togami's back was towards me as he was working furiously on something on the table. Amused by his intense work, I decided to tease him.

"Hey hot stuff, come here often?"

At my sudden inquiry, the blond whirled around, furious. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?"