Ch 6: 'Easy Target'

Start from the beginning

Yaoyorozu: "I suppose. Both show promise, though it is far too soon to decide which is superior wouldn't you say?"

Following her sentence, Yaoyorozu turned her high and elegant gaze down to the blonde standing next to her. As forBakugo, he just stared at the brunette, eyes unable to blink, as he tried to process what she had just said. That's when he realizes...

Bakugo: [Thoughts] "She's rich. Crap. That means my boy's gonna have to work twice as hard. Oh, well, it'll be worth it. At least this way, if he fails at being a hero, he can cuddle up to her and have Yaoyorozu be his sugar momma. Tch! ...Lucky bastard."

However, with Bakugo being stuck in his thoughts, this just left Yaoyorozu to raise an eyebrow when the blonde didn't respond, and just look at her. It eventually got awkward to the point that the brunette just...slowly walked away. But not many seemed to notice as they were still focused on what was going down within the Battle Center, where dust and pieces of rubble slowly drop from Kaito's body as he gets up.

Kaito: "Y-You... You... YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?! Huh?! DO YOU?!"

The rage was ever-present in Kaito's voice as he screamed at (Y/n), the once silent male done with keeping his mouth shut. If Kaito wanted a fight, he'd give him one.

(Y/n): "I don't need to think I'm better than you, Kaito. The fact you're the one getting off the grounds says all that needs to be spoken."

Kaito: [Growls] "Mongrol dog."

That was all he muttered before launching off the back of his feet. A powerful gust of wind was all he left behind as he went to attack (Y/n). A fierce scream coming from the bottom of his lungs as he pulled his fist back, as he did so, red, hot, flames formed around it.

Kaito: "MONGROL DOG!!!"

The words repeated themselves, fueling him further as he finally unleashed his attack. But (Y/no was ready. Strike after strike came his way. Faster than any normal human could do. Despite his arrogant nature, Kaito was still a skilled fighter. His punches were coming in so quickly that they'd be presumed to be blurs from anybody else. But for (Y/n), he was in no mood to muck around. Each punch that came his way, he dodge. Taking a stepped back each time he avoided a hit. The more he dodged, the more Kaito got angry.

Such eventually left his gut open for a counterattack. And all it took was for (Y/n) to drop down to a knee and send a fierce right punch to the open area. Time slowed as the chaotic energy-fueled punch made contact with the centre of Kaito's suit, easily breaking apart the fabric. Once the fabric was gone. There was nothing between (Y/n)'s fist and Kaito's skin. Enough force was behind the hit that it once again sent Kaito backward. Kaito didn't hesitate to focus all of his pain into one spot as he bit down on his bottom lip.

His teeth managed to draw blood as his feet brought his sudden movement to a halt only five meters away. Kaito would do anything to hide the pain he felt. To keep hidden the fact that (Y/n) was able to make contact with him again. To make sure no one got even a single thought that (Y/n) Midoriya was better than him. But keeping such a display of pain hidden was no easy task. And as his classmates watched on from the monitor room, he could sense their combined gasps at seeing him deal with another hit. It made Kaito angry.

"Hey, Kaito!"

Then there came the voice of Iida over the earpieces. That just made Kaito even angrier.

"Kaito! Give me your status! What happened?!"

For a brief second Kaito allowed the annoying voice of his reluctant teammate to remain just that, an annoying voice. As he took in the words, his glare did not drop from (Y/n). Even as he opened the communication.