trying to hold back

Start from the beginning

I was going to do something I might regret later.

I get up and go into Jamie's office.

"Can I use your car quickly?" I ask.

"Why?" She asks suspiciously.

"Oh it's nothing, I just need to check up on something."

"Alright, here you go." She hands me the keys.

I run back into my office to grab my LuLuLemon cross bag and go to the car.

The elevator ride was just pleasant. I'm now starting to overthink my decision. I could turn back. I still have time.

I reached the bottom floor and took the back door into the parking garage. I found Jaimie's car.

I tuned the car engine in and made my way out of the covered area.

Once I made my way onto the street and turned the corner, I knew there was no turning back.

  About ten minutes later

I could see the sign for the neighbourhood.

I drove a little farther up the road to see the big houses.

Once I found the house, I got out of the car and made my way to the front door.

As I rang the doorbell, the thought of regret passes over my head.

Trying to cheer myself up before I face him, I remember that the ball is tomorrow.

————————————————————————
Jack

I was honestly just going to go back to the hotel after our game in Toronto.

Seeing Ella put me in a sad and depressing mood. I was going to mope all night until we got back on the road to Ottawa.

My plans were disturbed when Nico texted me last minute asking if I wanted to get some drinks at a nearby bar.

Nico Im tired as hell rn

Just come if you're really that bad you can go back

Fine

And that is the story of how my friend got me out of my depressing mood. At least for now.

I met him in the lobby and we walked down the street into a nice city themed bar. It wasn't too loud but I couldn't hear people that were far away from me.

As we got settled in, I notice that there is a familiar coloured hair sitting at the bar.

Ella? Could she be here?

"Want to go get a drink Jacky?" Dawson asks me?

"Uh yeah sure.." I want to forget about Ella right now. This is a chance for me to relax with my teammates.

We walk up to the bartop and that helped me catch a better glance of the girl I was looking at.

Good news. She wasn't Ella. But saying that kind of disappointed me.

I tell Dawson that I'd be right back and walked over to the lone girl at the bartop.

"Hi." I use my ol' rusty womanizer skills that I had and strike up a conversation with her.

"My names Lianna. Nice to meet you..?"

"Jack- Jack Hughes."

We sit there for what seems like forever and she seems nice but something just doesn't seem right.

It's probably because it's not Ella.

"Wanna get out of here?" She asks.

"Uh, sure." I put on a fake smile and walk out with her.

"Ooohhh Jacks finally getting over someone!" I can hear the mocking tones of my teammates behind me as I walk out the door.

We arrive at her apartment. She lived not far at all from the bar. Maybe a block away from the hotel.

I can tell by the way that the apartment is decorated that she's not my type. There aren't any plants or any sort of thing that made the house look nice. Ella would always make sure the house was lively and interesting with her plants and pictures.

She takes my hand and leads me into her bedroom. There she place both her hands on my chest and pressed her thin cold lips against mine.

That's when it hit me. I needed Ella, not some random girl at a bar. I let her get to the point where she took my shirt off as we keep out lips connected before I pull away.

"I- I'm sorry. I can't do this." I say abruptly ending the make out session.

"What?" She asks angrily. "You're the one who came up to me."

"I'm sorry." I pick up my shirt from the floor and left the apartment fully knowing now that I was meant for one person only.

————————————————————————

A/N: GUYSS WE REACHED 1K READS!! 😭😭 IM SO THANKFULL FOR ALL OF YOU!!

but seriously I can't thank you guys enough and show my appreciation. I'm not sure how many more chapters of this book are left, I'm still kind of figuring it out.

Anyways I LOVE YOU ALLLLL

vote and comment!!

Daily Quinn pic!

😍😍😍 im totally focusing on Quinn and not the love of my life beside him 😍😍😍😍