Date under sakura

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon Matsuo-san, I'm sorry if I bothered you"

"It's okay Mahiru-sama, especially since it's a surprise for Kiyotaka-sama, so I'm glad you asked for my help."

"Thanks again, you can go now, I'll do it myself" Mahiru said as she was about to take the things from Matsuo's hands, but he stopped her.

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

"It's alright Matsuo-san, all you have to do is just lay down the blanket and arrange the pillows, it's not difficult" sighing, Matsuo said goodbye to her and left, wishing her goodbye before leaving.

Mahiru had a picnic right under a thick sakura tree that was already in full bloom, surrounded by fluffy pink flowers. Mahiru arranged comfortable traditional-style Japanese pillows on the soft grass and decorated the place with romantic candles left by Matsuo.

"Great, all that's left is to bring Kiyotaka here."

____

When Mahiru arrived, Kiyotaka was still standing there.

"Thank you for waiting for me, let's go, we need to visit a place." Taking his hand, she dragged him to the place where the surprise is located.

When Ayanokōji saw the surprise, he was pleasantly surprised by Mahiru's efforts.

"How do you like my surprise, Kiyotaka?" the girl asked curiously. He walked up to her and hugged her, saying, "It's amazing, I knew you were up to something, but you really surprised me. I'm very grateful for such a great surprise." Mahiru smiled and replied, "I remember you talking about how you want to see cherry blossoms, so I decided to prepare a picnic here so that we can enjoy this beautiful holiday together, just me and you."

"Really, Matsuo-san also helped me with my things, so I should thank him too."

"We'll definitely do it later, but for now, let's enjoy the moment," Ayanokoji said, hugging the girl tighter.

Ayanokoji and Mahiru sat on the cushions, positioning themselves so that they could fully enjoy the beauty of the cherry blossoms. The girl began to take out ready-made Japanese snacks that she had prepared for a picnic. Their menu included:

1. Sushi: Mahiru has made various types of sushi, including nigiri (fish slices on rice) and maki (rolls with fish or vegetables inside).

2. Gyoza: These are Japanese dumplings that are steamed and then pan fried until golden brown.

3. Takoyaki: These are shrimp, mussels or octopus grilled and served on a special stick.

4. Oseti: This is a traditional Japanese soup with soaked rice cake and various toppings such as seaweed, seaweed slices and okomugi (sweet rice crumbles).

"Try this, Kiyotaka," Mahiru said as she handed him a delicately decorated plate of snacks. "I tried very hard, I hope you like them"

Kiyotaka took a small piece of sushi and put his mouth on it, closing his eyes to fully enjoy each taste. "It's delicious. Did you actually make it for me?"

"Of course, Kiyotaka" Mahiru replied as she touched his arm. "I know this is the first time you've celebrated the cherry blossoms. So I wanted to create a special moment so that this celebration will remain in our memory."

They continued to enjoy the picnic, enjoying the moment and exchanging affectionate words.

____

As the sun went down, Kiyotaka and Mahiru sat where they had their picnic. Their faces were illuminated by the faint ghostly light of lanterns, which were lit gradually, against the background of pink twigs of a tree.

"What an amazing day, Kiyotaka" Mahiru exclaimed, holding the boy's hand in hers. "It seemed to me that time had stopped, and I felt how the flowers sounded and danced around us"

Kiyotaka smiled, enjoying Mahiru's closeness. "Yes, it's wonderful," he agreed, looking into her eyes. "I felt the same"

They continued to enjoy the moment silently as the wind whispered sweet words among the cherry blossoms. Finally, Mahiru turned to face the boy and asked, "Kiyotaka, what do you think of me?"

Kiyotaka froze for a moment, reliving every word he was about to say. He then took a breath and smiled as he replied, "Mahiru, you are the most special and closest girl to me, and it's hard for me to imagine my life without you by my side."

Mahiru smiled, blushing slightly. She touched Kiyotaka's cheek and whispered, "You mean a lot to me too, Kiyotaka. I can't imagine my life without you."

With a piercing sudden sound, the lanterns all around them lit up completely, giving the illusion of shining under a sky adorned with evening stars and cherry blossoms.

"Mahiru, let's always be together" Kiyotaka whispered, squeezing her hand.

"Yes, Kiyotaka" Mahiru replied as she got to her feet and hugged the boy.

____