𝟗 | 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 & 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

He then proceeded to rip Yuji's top part of his clothes, "What's with you ripping his shirt every time?" 

"Just my preference, cherries. Anyway, I thought about what I can do right now," He then ripped Yuji's heart out causing you both to be surprised, "I'm taking this brat hostage." 

"What do you mean?" Megumi questioned. 

"Yeah, I can live without this, but that ain't true for the brat. Switching out with me means he dies. Also, just for good measure," He ate another one of his fingers. 

"It's fine Megumi, I can just regenerate his heart," You reassured. "Blessed Technique: Holy Resilience." 

You called out to your technique, but nothing happened. You tried saying it again until you remembered that you have to always be faithful to God. You broke that promise when you slept with Toji, you then looked toward Megumi who was confused as to why nothing was happening. 

Just then, Sukuna started laughing, "So you can regenerate parts of the body too. Does that mean you can bring back the dead? But I guess none of that matters because you can't use your powers anymore." 

This made you grind your teeth, "I'm sorry Megumi... I can't use any of my powers at the moment." 

"It's fine, Y/N. Don't worry about it. I'll protect you," Megumi shielded you. 

"With that, I'm free as a bird. Now you can be scared. Because I'm about to kill you, just for the hell of it."

"Just like last time, except now our roles are reversed," Megumi spoke. "You just don't get it. That guy... Itadori is coming back. Even if it means he'll die. That's just how he is."

"You give him too much credit. This guy's just a little tougher and denser than other humans. Just a moment ago, he was scared out of his mind, on the verge of death, prattling on about his regrets and all that nonsense. I know for a fact he doesn't have the guts to kill himself. Since I'm finally outside, let's use the open space."

As Megumi summoned his Ten Shadows he simultaneously dashed forward. Megumi tried landing hits on Sukuna, however, the latter just kept dodging them. 

You just stood there weighing your options. You currently weren't able to use any of your abilities although you still had blessed energy. You could fight Sukuna using your bare hands and a dagger, but that wasn't exactly ideal. 

'Alright, I'll let Megumi handle this. I'm definitely going to get interrogated by everyone later because this won't end well.' 

The pair continued fighting as Sukuna was soloing Megumi, "Put more curse behind it when you strike me!" 

You began to wonder if that was his kink. 

As Megumi used both the bird and snake on Sukuna trying to keep him immobilized, Sukuna destroyed it and came behind him, "Hey, what did I just say? Let's use the open space!" He threw Megumi only to kick him to building after building. 

From your end, you realized that your Celestial Guidance was still working as you could still them. However, it took more concentration than before. 

You were now officially screwed. 

......

You were currently with Ijichi, Shoko, Gojo, and the dead body of Yuji. 

"So are we going to address the elephant in the room?" Shoko asked. 

You then went onto your knees, "I'm sorry this is my responsibility, I should have figured out that I can't use my abilities other than my primary power, but I didn't. I don't have any excuses." 

"Woah, Woah, it isn't your fault," Gojo reassured. 

"He's right, part of the blame actually goes to him. Think about it, if he sent you on missions, you would have recognized that you couldn't use your powers," Shoko added. 

"Hey!" Gojo began whining until he got serious again. "So can you use it now?"

"I still can't use any of my abilities and I don't know how I can use it again," You answered. 

"I see..." 

"I'm faithful that it will return back to me once I have proven my loyalty and faith." 

Just then, Yuji rose back from the dead, "What the!" 

"Woah, full frontal!" Yuji said causing everyone to be shocked. 

"G-G-G-Gojo! H-H-H-He's alive!"

"Shut up, Ijichi." 

"I'm kinda disappointed," Shoko said. 

"Um, this is kinda embarrassing. Who are you?" Yuji spoke. 

You then got up from where you stood to go and hugged Yuji tightly, "I'm so sorry, Yuji! I should have been able to protect you, but when someone needed me the most, I failed them," You began to cry which made Yuji gently pat your back.

"It's okay, L/N-san. It wasn't your fault, but you do know that I'm naked right now," You pulled away from the hug realizing that he was indeed correct. 

Your eyes moved down to his friend only for you both to widen your eyes in shock. 

At the speed of light, the two of you looked away from one another. 

"I'm sorry!" 

"It's okay!" 

Gojo and Shoko started laughing when Gojo called out to Yuji, "Welcome back." 

"'Sup. Good to be back!" The two high-fived. 

.

.

.

.

Itadori Yuji & L/N Y/N = Friends to Lovers