Damn I am so late, and i feel so bad to write this up. This isn't as good as my previous works, i rushed through it a bit. Anyways, i hope y'all will enjoy this.

"Happy birthday, gege." Hua Cheng said again, a big smile on his face. The party was over, and it was two in the morning. The rain was pouring in sheets, the wind slamming against the window pane with tremendous force. The thunder sounded from time to time.

The guests left an hour ago, after the midnight countdown and cake celebration. It was Shi Qingxuan's idea to host a surprise party the night before the big day and keep it alive till midnight for the countdown.

"Hehe, San Lang, you have wished me countless times already in these few hours." Xie Lian laughed, wiping the kitchen counter.

Only Hua Cheng stayed back. His childhood friend, who lived a bit further away after high school. It had started to rain so hard when he was about to leave that XIe Lian offered him to stay over. It wasn't weird at all, they have been doing sleep-overs since grade school where they first met. It was funny how Xie Lian has a few of Hua Cheng's clothes, in case he stays over, (most of the time he did).

"No, see" Hua Cheng, kept the last glass inside the cupboard and walked over to Xie Lian, "on this day, i am gonna remind you, time and again that it is your birthday, orelse..." he gently grabbed Xie Lian's chin and turned him head towards him and whispered, "your highness will end up spending the entire day like a normal one."

Xie Lian laughed nervously, his stomach feeling weird, his chest light. For the longest time, he feels that way, whenever Hua Cheng comes close to him. Whenever there is a light touch, an innocent brush of skin, Xie Lian squirms. His veins rage heat throughout his body, but his mind makes up reasons to feel that way.

'I had too much oily food today' he reasoned with his fuzzy mind, his eyes locked with Hua Cheng's mismatched eyes.

"Birthdays aren't that important. Just a day, I was born." He vocalised, turning away to keep the cloth in place.

"It was the day you were born gege. It is the best day ever." Hua Cheng humphed.

Xie Lian laughed. It was a merry one, ringing out throughout the empty hall next to the kitchen.

They were done cleaning everything after the party. It was a wild one, taking Xie Lian completely off guard. He was happy. It had been quite a while since he was celebrated like this. The last time it was with his parents in his hometown. FOr work, he could not be home much at all, and he was homesick most of the time.

"San Lang, you wanna sleep now, or you wanna watch a movie?" he asked.

Hua Cheng coming to the city was a big surprise. When he had appeared at his doorstep with a little white wildflower in his hand, Xie Lian was surprised at first yes, and then he was happy, so incredibly happy and warm inside. It was like fitting the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle in its rightful place. Like what was missing from his life was now fulfilled.

"Movie?" Hua Cheng tilted his head, and Xie Lian's mind wondered, thinking what kind of movie must they watch.

"How about a wholesome movie like Blended?"

"Anything gege says. Oh and-" Hua Cheng continued with a joyful grin, "Happy birthday gege."

***

It was an excellent movie.

Xie Lian watched it with all his attention, loving every scene of it. Hua Cheng and him were snuggled together on Xie Lian's bed, wrapped inside a single warm blanket, with pillows to lean on and hug.