22. Sometimes they Come Back

Start from the beginning

"Hah... The banquet" he said like he just did remember. I turned towards him and crossed my arms "What? I'd like to stay here a bit more" he looked at the sky and closed his eyes after some time "It's a rare moment where my heart feels at ease, I want to enjoy every possible fragment of time I can own"

"The Master of the Manor must keep his presence where it's required" I said and he looked at me with a smirk.

"How heartless, lady Bai Hu" he stand up to walk and stop in front of me as I was keeping my eyes locked on him "Why do you remind me my duty when for once I did let my heart decide where my presence is required?"

God I forgot how he can be seriously dangerous to my self control when he can be so elegant and alluring  at the same time.

"This makes no sense" I told myself trying to give it an end

"MASTER YUAN! We want to do last toast!" I could hear Rin's voice and I got startled.

Jing took that moment to embrace me from behind as he touched my neck with his cheeks "See? If we were still under the oak tree embracing, we could have stayed more unseen" he said and I looked at him who was keeping an amused smile, probably from my embarassed reaction.

"You fox, get away, I will go to sleep. And tomorrow I take the day off" I said pushing his arms away to free from his grab.

He looked for a moment confused "Why?"

"Because there's no way I will serve that child, she's literally Keira's progenie I am telling you" I replied making him laugh.

"You're back to me"

I looked at him confused "Didn't you ask yourself why in the late afternoon you weren't in Rin's room preparing her for the banquet? Keira appointed a new maid as I requested" he said with an obvious tone.

"Oh... I am back to be your personal maid" I looked at him and he was keeping an innocent smile, making me even more in awe "Still, I request time off"

"Huh? Wait Bai Hu!" he tried to reach me but Rin's voice got even closer, making me run to the other side. I turned one last time seeing Jing and I did mouth to stay there.

***

Jing sighed and in a few moment he was assaulted by Rin

"Master Yuan! I did fear you were drunk and needed assistance" Rin held his arm and he looked lost in his thoughts for a moment.

"Hm" He smiled gently as he laid his hand on her arms wrapped around his arm "You shouldn't go around the manor alone. A lady must always be escorted"

"That's why I found you, Master" she smiled showing off a cute side, that made him have for a moment a nervous tick to his lip.

"Eh, lady Rin you shouldn't be this straight forward towards any man" He sighed as the girl looked at him confused "Tomorrow you will come back home safe I wis..."

"But Master Yuan!" Rin held his arm, making him surprised "Please, accept me in the court"

"What?" he asked confused between soju, Bai Hu, Bai Hu's dance, Bai Hu's hands, Bai Hu's lips, Bai Hu's eyes... He touched his own front for a moment as his cheeks became red "Damn it" he whispered to himself

"I want to be with you Master Yuan" Jing looked at Rin "Accept me as concubine"

"You and my son have seven years of difference" Jing said with smile that looked like he didn't want to be too harsh and Rin tilted her head to a side

"Since when does this matter?" she asked with a flirty smile "In a court it's important to have healthy and young women..."

"Jing!" Jing smiled widely when he saw Luocha and Yanqing running towards them "What... the hell?"