02. foolish one

PHOEBE walked into the room where Clint was being treated at holding Nat's drink, which Tony had previously prepared in the lab

PHOEBE walked into the room where Clint was being treated at holding Nat's drink, which Tony had previously prepared in the lab. It was dark, which scared the teen at first, but it didn't taste that bad. And it helped gaining some energy for the day. She entered along with Tony just as Dr. Cho said, "If you brought him to my lab, the Regeneration Cradle could do this in 20 minutes."

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony joked as he walked in, making his presence known. Meanwhile, Phoebe walked towards Nat, handing her a drink. The redheaded woman thanked her, giving her a wink before she began sipping from her drink. Phoebe smiled at her before turning towards Barton, drinking from her own drink as she inspected the Doctor's work on him.

Barton then replied to Tony, "No, no, no. I'm gonna live forever." Tony laughed at that, and Bruce and Phoebe shared an amused glance from across each other, "I'm gonna be made of plastic."

"We should start calling you Ken then." Phoebe joked, moving out of the way as Tony walked towards Barton.

"Good idea, kid." Tony praised while smirking at Clint, who groaned loudly at the mocking duo, "Here's your beverage, Ken."

"I shouldn't have said anything." Clint mumbled under his breath.

Dr. Cho chuckled before saying, "You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." He replied, his words making Phoebe and Nat share a brief but meaningful glance.

"That I can't fix." Cho said, not noticing the way he turned to the two short haired women, "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust."

"That is exactly the plan. And, Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony told her.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." Dr. Cho said before looking down at her tablet, asking shyly, "Will Thor be there?" Phoebe chuckled, sharing a look with Nat as they both shook their heads.

"Uh, yeah." Tony glanced at Phoebe, shrugging with a winced expression as he didn't know what to say exactly, making her laugh. Then he turned to Banner, "Ready for lab time?"

"I'm always ready for lab time." He said while walking towards the door, passing by Tony who patted his back. Tony nodded at Phoebe, who mock-saluted the other people in the room before exiting. As they reached the lab, Bruce wondered, "What's the rumpus?"

"Well, the scepter. You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive." Tony started as he grabbed a control, which he used to manipulate the holograms, "So we've been analysing the gem inside. You may recognise..." Tony trailed off as he made JARVIS appear. Bruce was standing where JARVIS was, so he moved out of the way, greeting the AI as well as it greeted him. "Started out, JARVIS was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper." Bruce made a surprised sound at that, while Phoebe just sat back and relaxed, "Top of the line."