Chapter 003 Happy Fucking Birthday

Start from the beginning

"It's a date, see ya Fisher"

Ending our lesson I biked home. Susannah was paining portrait today!

Susannah put me in one of her ankle length blue sundresses. She put a chair in the garden where it looked like I was sitting in hydrangeas, our favorite flower.

"So mom uh I was talking with Aaron, the guy I'm helping paint and he said there was a Cousins Portrait Contest." I told her trying to sit still.

"Maybe the portrait you paint of us kids , you can enter it. I looked into it and the winner gets their painting in the Cousins Museum with the previous winners."

"That sounds like a wonderful idea my love" she said continuing to paint. She always looked in another world when she painted and that's what me love it so much.

————————————————————————
After Jeremiah and Belly had picked up Taylor from the bus station we all decided to go to the pool. Conrad was with Nicole so it was just Jeremiah, Belly, Steven, Taylor, and I at the
pool.

I always preferred to read at the pool so I grabbed my book I bought at laurels book party.

"Guys, let's play chicken!" Taylor announces.

I was pretty bored so I was down to play.

"Can I play" I asked trying not to draw attention to myself.

As much as I hate to admit it, I was jealous of Belly and Taylor's relationship. She had her 9 months of year. Why couldn't I have my best friend for the other 3?

"Yes! I'll sit out the first round you take Steven." Taylor offered. I was confused but went along.

Me and Steven ended up winning against Belly and Taylor. But playing with Steven was what counted to me.

...
We had washed up for dinner. We we're having Lobster and miyeokguk. It was an understatement to say I just liked miyeokguk. I loved it.

When my mom has first gotten sick, me and Conrad turned 15. The entire year we worried thinking our mom wouldn't make it to the 3rd of December.

Laurel had been coming up often so for our birthday she bought us miyeokguk. I never knew I could like Korean seaweed soup more than any soup in the world.

Anyways, enough about the soup.

We were eating having a great time. I loved dinners at the summer house when we're all together, it makes me let my guard  down just a bit.

"So cam, ok if I call you cam Cameron?" Jeremiah asked, Belly's sort of boyfriend, obviously trying to embarrass Belly.

I glare at him.

It was Cam's first time meeting all of us and I didn't want Jeremiah to ruin it.

"Yea feel free that's funny" cam answers putting his glass down.

Jeremiah go's about how Cam is vegetarian and Belly eats meat. Why did I have to get stuck with this.

I kick Jeremiah under the table and we finish eating.
...
I had helped Susannah to bed before getting ready for the party.

I put on a light pink laces corsets top, white ripped jeans, and light pink converse.

Not to brag but I get my great sense of fashion from Susannah.

Cam was our DD. I would never encourage Jeremiah to drink but I already knew he was so I asked Cam to drive.

We got inside and went our separate ways. I was holding to find Aaron since Steven had been with Shayla.

"Hey I'm glad you came." Aaron said as I walked into the living room to grab a drink.

He smelt of weed and immediately reminded me of my brother. Which was something I was NOT interested in.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom be right back!" I said practically running away. I was not coming back.

Half of what I said was true, I did have to use the bathroom. All the bathrooms in the halls had limes so I tried to find one in a room.

Halfway as I'm washing my hands I hear someone come in the room attached to the bathroom.

"Steven when you said this isn't anything serious I didn't think you were full on in love with someone else?"

I recognized the voice. Shayla Wang.

"Well I didn't know it would be like this so I sorry" the boy said. Steven. He sounded defensive.

"Well then this is over Steven because she's a really nice girl and our moms are friends and it's against girl code."

I didn't know who shayla was talking about, I hoped it was me. But whoever it was she is really lucky to have shayla.

I heard the door shut. Steven sighed.

I opened the door to find Steven sitting on the bed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to listen" I apologize.

"Well since you hear us we might as well talk about it" he said standing up.

He was calm, like he knew I was there before her saw me.

"Ok." I say laying down on the bed, my legs dangling off. He does the same next to me.

"So who was shayla talking about?"

"I think we both know the answer to that."

I rolled onto my right side, facing him.

"So... is what she said true? Love?" I ask never letting my eyes leave his face.

"I've known for years Cal," he said facing me.

We were inches apart. I could hear him breath.

"I'm glad you came to your senses, I'm amazing" I said laughing, "but seriously, I'm glad you feel that way too."

Before either of us could get a word out , we both kissed each other. It was crazy to think of it. He was my brothers best friend, he's like my family.

But then I thought, if no know judges Belly for being in love with Connie, they'd have to think the same for us.

—————————————————————————

(A/N: hey! So I do just want to say that chapters are going to be come out probably weekly starting soon. I will get the first season out as soon as possible but as for season 2, the episodes coming out weekly will make it hard. Anyways, thank you for reading and tell your friends! )

Published:7/15/2022
Words:1550