Jiang Cheng practically screeched as he pulled his arm away. He scowled, "No! I am not eating lunch with you guys."

"Aw, why not?"

"Because I'm going to have lunch with Xichen-ge."

Jiang Cheng declared. Then he shot them dirty looks and added, "And no, you guys may not come along. Don't even think about it."

"Lan Xuezhang?"

Xingchen and Huaisang glanced at each other. "Well, if it's Xichen-ge..." Huaisang began.

The two shrugged and nodded. "Alright, you can go have lunch with your Xichen-ge." Nie Huaisang said and sniggered. Jiang Cheng frowned at him.

"Oh, just make sure you stay with Lan Xuezhang at all times!"

Xingchen piped up. "Don't let him lose sight of you- I mean, don't you lose sight of him!" Xingchen smiled nervously.

Jiang Cheng gave him a weirded-out look. Actually, all of them deserve a weirded-out look. He doesn't know what's going on but they sure as hell are acting weirder than usual.

"Yeah sure, whatever, I'll leave then."

Jiang Cheng passed them, feeling their gazes bore a hole in the back of his head until he was out of their sight. Seriously, what is wrong with them??

________

"You comfy there, Lan Zhan?"

Wei Wuxian dusted his hands and placed them on each side of his hips. He surveyed the supply room before scurrying up a step ladder and onto a shelf.

"Careful."

Lan Wangji spoke from behind the shelf. Wei Wuxian let out a giggle and then sneezed. "I'm good!" he gave Lan Wangji a thumbs up. He turned off his phone's flashlight and the room plunged into linty darkness. 

"And now we wait."

Wei Wuxian's voice seemed extra loud in the nothingness.

"Mn."

________

Jiang Cheng had known for a while now that Lan Xichen's lunch break was a different time than his. Though that didn't stop the latter from showing up and eating with Jiang Cheng those few weeks earlier.

Oddly giddy, Jiang Cheng happily made his way to the student council room. He hadn't seen Lan Xichen at all for the rest of spring break but it was neither one of their fault. Jiang Cheng's parents came to visit from Yunmeng and it was his job to entertain them, and Lan Xichen was busy spending the last few days with his sworn brothers before they leave for America (New York, was what LXC told JC). They did text each other a bit over the phone but it was hardly the same and Jiang Cheng simply can't wait to see Xichen in person again.

"Xichen-ge!"

Jiang Cheng saw him at the window outside of the student council room. Lan Xichen turned his head as soon as he heard the younger's keen voice and a giant smile appeared on his face.

"Wanyin! I miss you."

Xichen opened his arms and Jiang Cheng fell in with a small oof. "No, I miss you more," he said, his voice muffled. He heard Lan Xichen chuckle and felt him stroke his hair.