I huffed my way over to my closet and grabbed the pre wrap and sports tape that I kept on my drawer beside the open closet in some box— I didn't think I would actually need these supplies anymore, since I didn't intend to continue my constant training schedule since I moved back.

I wrapped the pre-wrap around my waist, making sure it covered the first layer of small bandages I applied when I first woke up a few hours ago, then pulled the tape out to wrap. Not like I was going to do anything that would put stress on the wound but I couldn't be too careful plus tapping had the added benefits of helping with the phantom pains left over and making it just a little harder for it to bleed in case I did anything for that to happen.

I tossed the pre-wrap roll and roll of sports tape back into the box and reached into my closet for my uniform. I probably could've been ready much earlier, I had woken up, changed the first layer of bandages and even changed my bra as well as put on a new pair of tights but while doing that felt too overwhelmed especially when pulling my sports bra on, I stretched a bit too much and a sharp pain made me stumble before just going to bed and laying down to relax as the pain made me worry.

I sighed, it'll heal in a couple days minimum and maybe a week or two max, I'll be fine. I carefully pulled my skirt and shirt on, patted down any obvious wrinkles then went towards my door. Grabbing the book bag from the hook on the door before making my way down the hall to the stairs.

Immediately, when I was walking down the stairs, I noticed a wrapped bento box and note on the counter that was in view. I skipped the bottom step and placed my bag on the counter while grabbing the note and reading it.

It was obviously in mom's handwriting, with a pen of her favorite color written thickly and in bold letters .

'Sorry I couldn't say bye or wake you up (you better not be late, I'm not your alarm clock little one), I was called in early and I'll be back a little later too, y'know how work is as a personal assistant of Ms. Schnee. -Love you kiss kiss, mom

p.s. there's curry in the bento so please be careful to not stain your bag, I even wrapped it for you to avoid that. I don't wish to wash your bag so please; would've left you a text instead but my phone was dead. Love ya ♥'

I smiled, she was not going to let me live down the fact my bottle of juice exploded in my bag like a year ago and how messy it was to clean up; I strategically reorganized my bag so I could make sure my bento was secure inside, of course for the sake of my mother's sanity.

I pulled my bag over my shoulder and walked over to the door and slipped into my shoes. I was about to open the door when a jacket on the hooks on the door caught my eye, it was my F/c jacket. For a second I pondered if I should take it, if I needed it, it wasn't gonna be cold or cool this morning and it was supposed to get warmer later on.

I removed my bag and placed it between my thighs as I grabbed my jacket and pulled it on top of my uniform. I opened the door and grabbed my bag to hang around my shoulder again as I walked out and locked the door. Though, maybe for good measure, my wound decided to ache painfully to remind me it still existed in my being and not to do anything stupid today. At least that covers for my ma's silent warnings of the same thing in the mornings, I thought as I mused through the pain with a hiss.