Chapter 37 | So much more.

Zhara.

I hear the door to the main bedroom click and I quickly I turn my head towards that direction and I stand up.

He stops at the beginning of the hallway as he scratches the back of his neck and he stops as his eyes meet mine.
He looks like he hasn't slept in days and his hair looks just as horrible.

"Adi-"
I start and he raises his hand for me to stop and I stop immediately.

"Im really sorry."

"I could have lost the both of them zhara."
He says as his voice starts to crack.

"But their both safe now Adi."

"They are, but at what cost Zhara ?"
He asks and I go quiet.
He's moving closer.

"If you had told me from the beginning you wouldn't have even had to risk your life like that in the first place."

"Adi, it was my responsibility to go after him because it was me he was after, not you and it's unfortunate that Nala and Crystal became collateral."

"I'm your big brother and I should have protected you, I should have done more."

"Adi your family almost died because of me."

"I almost lost you too... don't you get that ?"

"I just don't get why you couldn't just tell me about this part of your life ?"

I shake my head at him as I wipe a tear away from my cheek.

"I was still trying to figure everything out and you're life was just getting together you had Crystal and the restaurant, I felt like I didn't want to complicate your life with this."

"Your not a burden to me Zhara..."

"I know that now."

"And I am not angry at you, I've never been angry."

"It feels good to know that."
I say as I nod my head at him and he releases a sigh before he scratches his arms out to me and i run into them, wrapping my arms around him and he squeezes me too and I start to giggle a little.

"It's weird thinking about how I won't be your big brother anymore."

I raise my head up at him and I stare up at him again.

"You'll always be my big brother despite everything Adi."

"Even though your like decades and millenniums older than me ?"
He's smiling down at me.

"Even though I'm still technically your aunt ? Yes Adi. I want to still act like we used to back then, I don't want to take away the relationship that we have, fuck this other part of our lives, let's just focus on this one and us moving foward."

"I need to have a talk with Sherry."

He answers and I only stare up at him.

"Are you sure ?"

"I need to know the truth about myself and where I came from..."
He chuckles a few times.

"I thought you didn't want anything to do with her, especially after what Castiel did."

"I need answers Zhara, this whole thing is just too confusing and I need all of this chaos out of my life and the only way right now is if I get the answers that I want."

I nod my head at him in agreement.

"Then I'm coming with you. We will do this together."

"Yeah, I know that with you beside me I can get through everything."