"Anything to make you happy, baby," he whispered in my ear, his mouth slowly making its way down to my neck. I shivered and felt him grin against my skin. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, trailing kisses from my neck to my forehead, tickling me with his mustache along the way. I giggled and he tightened his grip around me, breathing in the smell of my hair.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you too," I admitted. He placed a kiss on top of my head highlighting our height difference, and let go of the embrace.

"Would you like to see our room, Mrs. Wallen?" he asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't I have to earn that title?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You're probably right, I guess you do, damn," he joked, intertwining our fingers and leading me further down the hallway. He opened the last door on the left and I followed him in. The room was nothing like what I'd imagined. I was expecting something that would almost resemble a college dorm or teenage boy's room. He didn't strike me as the type of man who would pay attention to the decor of his own bedroom. And yet, this room was beautifully designed. A black, king size canopy bed with dark gray bedding was the star of the show. The lighter gray, long haired decorative pillows matched the rug that was sticking out from either side of the bed. A beautiful black leather bench was resting by the foot of the bed, matching the oak sturdy vintage dressers and bedside tables. The smooth blades of mahogany adorn the antique black colored ceiling fan that was working full speed, but still didn't make a sound. A large flat screen TV was facing the bed on the opposite wall. And a couple of, what seemed to be very expensive, paintings were tastefully displayed across the room. I was baffled.

"You designed this yourself?" I asked, speechless. He scratched the back of his head.

"My kid's mom did a while back," he admitted. "I just never bothered changing it, I guess. But we can change it if you want, I'm not married to anything. This is your room just as much as it is mine now," he said, trying to make up for the initial answer. Great. Sleeping in another woman's bed. Just what I needed. "Different mattress, though," he added, tilting his head and giving me a faint little crooked smile. It was as though he had read my mind. I guess that does make things a little better. I wonder how many girls he's fucked in that bed. That last thought sent me spiraling. I sat down on the bench. Breathe in, breathe out, Aubrey.

"Baby?" he asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I said, looking up to face him.

"I'm serious, we can change it if you don't like it," he said, softening his gaze.

"It's fine, I love it," I lied. The truth was that the design was beautifully executed. That woman had taste, there was no denying it. Both in bedroom sets AND in men. I just didn't know how comfortable I could possibly feel sleeping in a bedroom furnished by my new man's ex girlfriend.

"Really? 'Cause Imma be honest, you look kind of mortified right now," he said. "If that makes you feel any better you're the second woman to ever set foot in this room, and the first one to sleep on that mattress?" he stated. That did make me feel a little better.

"Really?"

"Yeah, do you think I bring random girls over to my parents' house?" he asked.

"So, you don't live here?" I asked.

"I have a house in Nashville, which can also be redecorated if that'll put your mind at ease," he joked. "But no, I don't live here. I just come here when I need to be with family. I grew up here, y'know." I nodded.

"Have you brought girls over to your other house?" I asked, afraid of what the answer would be.

"Honestly?" he asked. I nodded yes. "A couple. None of them as pretty as you, but I don't want to hide anything from you so yeah, it's happened. But that doesn't change anything about the way you make me feel, and that sure as hell doesn't mean I would do that now that I have you in my life," he assured me. I liked that he made room for my insecurities. Josh would've lost his patience with me already for asking all these questions. But Morgan didn't. Sure, he was hot, and famous, and probably very rich, but most of all he was kind, and patient and that impressed me a lot more than money and fame ever would.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

"Why?"

"Being honest, I guess," I answered, my eyes avoiding him.

"I want you to trust me. I know it'll be a process, I've met that asshole who bailed on you and Ellie and I get why you can be nervous about certain things, but I won't ever treat you the way he has. That much I can promise you. And no matter how long it takes until you feel comfortable enough to fully trust me, I'll stick around," he said, taking my hand into his. I didn't even know how to thank him. I felt horrible for judging his manners at first because no matter how rough that man looked, he was a true act of class. Then something he said popped back into my head.

"So, this is a new bed?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've only slept in it a couple times. By myself, I swear," he chuckled.

"So do you wanna-"

"Break it in?" he winked.

---------------------

Granted, this is not the most exciting chapter I've published, but it has a bit pf character development and I promise the next one will make up for it! ;)

XO 

LadyBug