chapter twenty six

Start from the beginning

I say and he smirks.

"You did not have me waiting for a single moment. Do not worry. You were right in time."

He says and takes a sip of his white wine.

"You wanted to talk to me about something"

I nervously sigh and look at him.

"Yes, that is true. But it is not as important as the play you were part of earlier. Let's order our food and tell me about your experience first."

He suggests and I agree with a nod.

"Right.Um... the play was amazing. I was good.I was really good. Everything felt perfect, like I was just right were I was meant to be at the moment. When my part came, nothing else was on my mind but my lines and the magical feeling that came from my soul."

I say and I smile.

"I can proudly say that you were indeed amazing, kid. I saw you. It is in you. The talent is in you."

"Thank you,mr.Keating! You were there!"

"How could I miss it?"

"You could not."

I laugh and he takes another sip of his wine.

"You were really good."

"You know,Neil, I have been thinking about you lately and everything you have told me. I know that your father is against what you did today and that you are having a hard time with that but I believe that you should just follow your dreams. You are here for a good time, not a long one, remember this. As hard as it seems, you will eventually see that no-one has such an effect on you as the one you have on your own self,kid."

He continues.

"Yeah,yeah, of course. It's just, you know, tiring. Every day that passes by the voice of my father haunts me. His words are keeping me back like a rope that cannot be broken in half or tore apart, if that makes sense. I just want to let it go. Let his haunting voice out of my head and live my life the way it is supposed to be lived by me."

"Neil, what you feel, I have felt it too. I totally understand you and feel you pain. Having such a stubborn person to determine your life and your choices is something you feel like you can not control and take a hold of. But, Neil, you are strong. You are strong and independent.You are such a ray of sunshine when it comes to cheering people up. Be that ray of sunshine when it comes to standing up for yourself and cheering your own self up. Let your self free."

"I promise i will Mr.Keating."

I see and he gives me his hands.

"I love you as you were my own son."

He admits and a tear runs down his right eye.

"And I love you like you were my own father,really. I look up to you, every day."

I admit too and he smiles, wiping his tears away.

"Let's eat now, shall we?"

He laughs and grabs his fork.

"We shall"

I laugh too and look down at my plate.

This man is what was missing from my life, like a lost piece of a puzzle.

Now everything is complete and great.

-----

"So far from who I was. So far from who I want to be. So far away from you. So close to who you want to be away from. You are like a willow in the dark. You are ways looking for me in the dark and that is what's hiding in your extraordinary beauty. You are looking for my shelter when no-one else is around and then you leave like my warmth was just a quick touch of a cold breeze on your soft and silky skin. You run away from me like you saw the devil in me dancing with your shadow under the moonlight, right above the lake,floating and reaching for the stars and the flames of my heart. Each step you say you have left behind is just the steps you take each time when you want to hold my heart with those cold fingers of yours. Each road you say you have traveled on is just the journey you make in order to come back to the escape you find in me and my presence. You are dancing with me in the disguise of a mysterious shadow like you are the death of me, like you are the last breath I will always be struggling to take when no-one else is there to give me oxygen.
You are like a black swan, a beautiful but dark creature that my heart can not ever take from granted. Your beauty never pushed me away. It is always pulling me close to you like a magnet that wants me to suffer in your webs. You are the death of me, my heart."

Y/n's POV

"I can't let him go. No."