✩ Chapter 9 ✩

Comincia dall'inizio

"I wasn't thinking about torturing you, sweetheart."

Your mind then got all the ideas on what he wanted to do to you and you had to be honest, half of them weren't exactly the best ones. You opened your mouth as you tried to find the right words to respond. Muzan smirked seeing your reaction and ran his hand through your jawline softly and slowly. 

"Lost in words, darling?"

No sound came from you as you trembled under his touch. You weren't trembling because you were in fear, but because you felt something warm inside. Muzan hummed and cupped your face.

"Hmph."

In the blink of the eye he was suddenly near across the table from you once more and you took deep breaths as you tried to process what happened. Your stomach then rumbled in hunger which broke your thoughts.

"I have to get going, dinner's going to come soon, don't worry."

You looked away in embarrassment as he grinned at you. You then turned back at him.

"Speaking of dinner, why haven't I seen Nakime in days? Is she okay?"

Muzan's face turned into a stern one once he heard Nakime's name which made you wonder what happened between them.

"She's fine."

You felt some doubt in his answer so you widened your eyes.

"Are you sure about that or are you currently torturing her for incompetence or something?"

Muzan then raised his voice.

"I said she's fine. The reason you're not seeing her is because I told her to, okay? So stop worrying about her."

You let out a gasp.

"What? Why won't you let her see me? I can't even hurt her!"

"I know. Neither of you will hurt each other."

"Then?!"

"But you're hurting someone else."

You wanted to retort once more but he swiftly went out the door, leaving you alone again. You slumped back to the wall and grunted.

What the hell did he mean by that?!

***Mini Timeskip***

It was nightfall and you were humming a song you knew from your childhood as you laid in your futon, ready for bed. The light was already off and you already had your dinner several hours earlier.

"That song's familiar."

You quickly got up and saw a figure coming close to you. But you didn't have to guess who it was, you would recognize that voice anywhere.

"What? You think we're in good terms already after what happened this afternoon?"

"We were in good terms before today? Well, that's good to hear."

You rolled your eyes and rested your head on your pillow again as you closed your eyes. You then rolled over to one side as you pulled your blanket close to your shoulder.

"Bye, don't disturb me. I want to sleep."

There was no answer but you heard some shuffling. You opened your eyes as you wondering whether he left or not and you saw his outline kneeling in front of you face. You couldn't see his expressions, however, thanks to the dark room.

"What? What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted to talk."

"Talk? Isn't it nightfall already? Why don't you just go out and hunt for humans?"

"Oh? You don't care about them dead?"

You switched to the other side.

"You didn't even care about how lonely I was."

"I care, Y/N. That's why I'm here."

You turned back to him.

"If you care you should let me see Nakime. She's the only friend I have here."

"Oh? So I'm not considered your friend?"

You laughed dryly.

"Never was."

"Then what am I to you?"

You were about to answer with something harsh when he interrupted you.

"Something more than friends?"

You sighed as you turned away from him and snuggled your face in the soft pillow.

"Enough with the jokes. Just leave already."

You heard him sigh but no sounds of footsteps leaving.

"Still here?"

"Mhm, I'll stay here for you."

You bit your lip at his persistence so you rolled over again.

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything. Like maybe, about the song you hummed before?"

"Oh that? It was just a song my mom used to sing to me before I slept. She was a very kind person and I loved being with her. She also had amazing storytelling skills and she used to tell me the greatest stories you'd ever hear. She was the perfect mom for me."

You closed your eyes as you thought of the memories with your dear mother.

"Until she died, that is."

"Well, at least you have people who still wants to look after you until now."

"Mhm, it's nice to have such good friends."

Muzan sighed at your words.

"I wish I could have it like you do."

You opened your eyes at his words and looked at his dark figure.

"Oh? You have plenty of subordinates, though."

"Not friends. Now that I think about it, I never had them, even during the time I was a human."

"Oh yeah? Why not? Were you too harsh or something?"

"No, it was because I couldn't meet them."

You then sat up, interested at his words.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?"

Muzan then placed his hand on your forehead, forcing you to lay back down to which you obliged. His hand then moved to slowly caress your head which made you feel warm inside. 

"Care to hear a bedtime story?"

A/N: WOAH 6K??? THANK YOU SOOO MUCH ALL!! ღゝ◡╹)ノ♡ And wow, I can't believe I updated another chapter in a row~ (๑˘︶˘๑) I know this one is definitely going to create butterflies because I even smiled to myself like a fangirl when I wrote it xD Thanks for all the comments btw, I really enjoy reading all of them and seeing how ho*** you all are ¬‿¬  Anyway, please be patient for the spicy scenes, it's only the 9th chapter folks- (  ̄ω ̄ )

P.S. What song comes to mind on the part about your mother singing the song to you before you sleep? Let me know in the comments~ ➵

P.P.S. Ugh, I'm so sleepy today, I had to wake up at 5.30 after sleeping at midnight last night (T⌓T)

P.P.S. THE COVER PIC IS JUST SO AGHHHHH- I WANT HIM SO BADLY PLS- ╥﹏╥