Chapter 6: Reconnection

Start from the beginning

Chie: "Is everything alright."

???: "Ah, y-yes. Everything's all good. It's just I need... to talk to Y/N."

Her voice sounded incredibly familiar, but I couldn't put my tongue on it. She also knew my name, which didn't help in my dilemma.

Insanity: 'Really, you don't realise. I guess it's been two years.'

Y/N: "What do you need to talk about?"

???: "I just want to talk about life."

 Y/N: "Well now is not the best of tim-"

My response shuts down as I realise a familiar golden hairpin nestled neatly in the braided brown hair that had melted into a dark blue. A gold hairpin from Kyoto, that was given to me by an interesting friend. A pin that only one person would have.

Y/N (English): "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Jess (English): "School of course."

Y/N: "That is the purpose of this building..."

Chie: "Who's she?"

I turn back around towards Chie and Yu and sigh.

Y/N: "An unforeseen circumstance named Jess."

Jess: "Wouldn't have been unforeseen if you didn't hang up."

Y/N: "What? Anyway, sorry about this but I can't help. I've got to talk to her and figure out why she's here."

Chie: "That's okay. Yu should be enough anyway."

Yu: "Enough?"

Chie: "Well cya."

Yu: "I'll see you soon."

The two of them walk out of the classroom leaving the two foreign students standing beside each other.

Y/N (English): "It seems that you saved from some sort of manual labour."

Jess (English): "Nothing new."

Y/N (English): "Let's go somewhere else."

Jess (English): "Okay."

Junes food court

I led her to the only place that I could that wouldn't have a bunch of classmates at the moment, Junes. We sat down at one of the empty circular tables with our drinks in hand.

Jess (English): "Why did you take me to a convenience store?"

Y/N (English): "Can you name any other place?"

Jess (English): "Touche."

Y/N (English): "Anyway, to the main point of discussion, why are you here?"

Jess (English): "It got too much."

Y/N (English): "So you moved to Japan. Just to remind you Japanese schooling is harder than Australia."

Jess (English): "I know that. It's the other reason. I couldn't continue with the lies, so I made an excuse that Granddad needed some help and that I had to go."

Y/N (English): "That bad ay. Why didn't you tell me? I would have returned instantly and revealed the truth of her lies."

Jess (English): "Because you weren't you. Sis told me everything that occurred and I couldn't make it any worse. If you came back you would have lost it causing worse publicity. I didn't want to cause another problem in your life for you to fix."

Y/N (English): "Why didn't you get Mitsuru to help?"

Jess (English): "She did. She suggested the idea of me moving here after finishing that year of schooling."