Donuts For A Murderer (Edited)

Start from the beginning

The bell rang. The time went by so quickly. . .Collecting my stuff, I walked out of the final classroom, waving to Aoi. She had to stay after and discuss something with the teacher, so she was going to meet up with me at the garden.

I'm supposed to clean the bathroom's today. . .I know for a fact Hanako and M/n will be there, but I don't want to face them! It'd be awkward, and they wouldn't know why. I started cutting overgrown plants with a pair of small, metal shears.

Every time I try to get the thought out of my head, it just comes running back at full force! Honestly, I don't think I'll ever get it out of my head.

"Nene! That you?" I looked up from the plants, hearing the familiar voice of my underclassmen, Kou.

"U-uhh, Kou? Why are you here?" I asked, noticing the blue apron wrapped around his waist. Was he in some kind of cooking club? Why hadn't he ever said anything about it?

"Why not? I've always wondered who made the garden look so good, who knew it was you! Heh." Kou said, squatting down next to me, tilting his head while observing the greenery.

"Oh, thank you. . .Did Hanako send you to come get me?" I asked, not giving the plants the attention they needed, instead focusing it on Kou.

"Nah, It isn't bathroom cleaning time yet. I actually came down here to ask for a favor," Kou said, scratching the back of his neck with a small tint of pink washing over his cheeks, spreading over the bridge of his nose.

"Oh, what is it?" I asked.

"Don't laugh,"-Kou's blush grew, I guessed from embarrassment-"But uh. .Do you know how to make donuts by any chance?" He asked.

"Donuts? Sure, I'll help." I complied. I need a break from all of this, baking should do the trick, right?

"Thank you!" Kou said, standing and leading me to the small kitchen on the first floor.

(Normal P.O.V)

You were in the home economics room, donut batter on the countertops, some on your apron. Earlier, Kou had asked if you could help with making donuts. A random question, but you agreed nonetheless. So, here you were now, messed up batter, an even messier classroom, and Kou going out to find Nene so she could help. You hadn't been able to speak to the girl today, for yet again she avoided you.

"Found her!" You heard Kou shout from the entrance to home EC. One look from Nene and her expression changed instantaneously, looking over the explosion of food and batter.

"Hey Nene! I'm glad Kou could find you. We, uh. . .Really need your help, as you can clearly see. ." You said sheepishly, washing your hands, ridding them of batter. The water made the batter feel slimy between the webs of your fingers. You grimaced at the feeling.

". . .Yeah. . .You guys really need help. . .'' Nene deadpanned, walking towards the kitchen, looking over the mess. "How did you mess up so badly?" She asked, genuinely surprised at how bad you and Kou were at baking.

"Well. . .Long story actually. . .You don't wanna hear it," Kou said, clearly embarrassed.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Nene, while I was being held hostage by Hanako, he told me to let you know that you don't have to worry about bathroom duties today," You told Nene, and she thanked you. You heard Kou laugh as he walked to the countertop. "Held Hostage?" He said amusingly, questioning your choice of words.

"He wouldn't let me leave! Isn't that being held hostage?" You reasoned. Kou couldn't respond, he was laughing too much, you laughed along with him while Nene let out a few small giggles.