The 4 O'Clock Library (Edited)

Start from the beginning

Could he see Hanako?

"Kou, come with me, we need to talk." Teru said sternly, grabbing Kou's arm and dragging him out off the roof.

Both you and Hanako looked over at Nene, who was currently lovestruck, blushing and heart-eyed. But she then walked back over to you and sat at the bench. "How did I not realize they were brothers!? They have the same last name!" She said, disappointed with herself, slightly embarrassed, too.

"No clue," Hanako replied.

"I thought you did know, but just didn't mention it. . ." You mumbled.

"But anyways, what was that all about, the way he just stormed out the minute he looked at me. And it seemed like he could see you, Hanako," You asked, crossing your arms over your chest in suspicion. "Isn't it only me, Nene, and Kou who should be able to see you?" You asked.

"Well, Kou is an exorcist, coming from a line of family members who were also exorcists. His brother definitely saw me, meaning he's also an exorcist." Hanako answered. "It would make sense, if his brother can see ghosts, surely he can as well," He reasoned.

"Oh, right, right. ." You said, nodding your head in understanding.

"Anyways, since that's all figured out, I need your help with something, M/n." Nene spoke up after a short moment of silence.

"Sure, what is it?" You asked, turning your attention over to Nene.

"Just something in the library." She said, standing up, starting to walk to the entrance that led back inside the school.

"Right now?" You asked, standing up. Hanako had to catch himself from falling to the side, he was still leaning against you when you abruptly stood. You couldn't see the small pout he gave you, when he regained his composure.

"Yes, right now. Is that alright?" Nene asked.

"Yeah, sure, I guess," You answered, making your way to her.

"I'll see you later, Hanako." You said, turning back to face him and waving a hand. You then turned around and followed behind Nene, not noticing the small wave Hanako gave back, watching you leave.

"Bye. . ." He mumbled.

* * *

"None of these are actually accurate!'' Nene complained, reading through one of the many books about the Seven Wonders. She called you down here to help her sort through the piles upon piles of books about the Seven Wonders. She was really adamant on figuring out more about Hanako.

You nodded, flipping through another section about the Seventh Wonder in a different book. "I know, they're all about that girl in the skirt, nothing about the Hanako we know. . .'' You said, closing the book and dropping it on the table in front of you, along with all the other books that held the same incorrect information.

Hanako: with a bob cut and jumper skirt, died in the girls' bathroom and now haunts it, give her a wish and she'll grant it, asking something of yours in return.

"Just curious, why do you want to read more about Hanako anyways?" You asked, eyes shifting to the girl sitting beside you. She didn't bother to look up from her book as she responded to you. "I recently realized how much we don't know about Hanako. You know, like his past, why he killed someone and who it was, if Hanako is even his real name. . .Stuff like that." Nene responded, still flipping through the pages. You nodded. "I guess you're right about that. But don't you think it's weird that these books don't have anything that's actually about Hanako? I mean, all of them have just the normal girl with some skirt, nothing accurate to the real Hanako. I don't think any of these books have anything accurate on him." You said, leaning back in your chair and running a hand down your face.