2 • The Encounter

{3rd person POV}

"Ah, yes." "I will get to that in a second, Mitsuri. "So
As I was saying"..... "Rumors have it that a demon is lurking in a village called the ****** village." "Tomioka, I want you to check on the village to see if the rumor is true." "If so, behead the demon." "Think you'll be up for the job?" He asked. Tomioka nodded.

{Tomioka POV}

"Great, he said. "As for the rest of my children, I have a different mission for each of you." Was all I heard before turning to leave. I ran to the location of the village. The sun was already setting when I arrived, so there was a good chance the demon lurked somewhere in the town. I walked through the city, hoping to find clues about where the devil might be. However, there was no sign of them. Luckily, everyone was asleep, so I could peacefully do my mission without interruptions. I sniffed around the areas, and I caught a strange scent.

"It was probably the scent of a demon, I thought to myself." And the scent seems to be pretty intense, which means the demon was here recently. I grabbed my katana, following the smell to see where it came from. The aroma leads me to the middle of the forest. And I stopped to realize that the strange scent had ended here. I grip on my katana. "This was all set out for a trap to lure the demon slayer to them, I thought." As I looked around my surroundings. "I'm being watched."

Not holding my guard down, I held out my katana, preparing to strike. "Damn it, I thought to myself. "I messed up big time." Suddenly, I heard noises coming from the bushes. I took a few steps forward, preparing for the demon to come out, but suddenly, out of nowhere, something lunged at me from behind, and before I could even react, it clapped over my mouth, preventing me from saying anything while also grabbing my haori pulling me inwards deeper inside the forest with them.

"Water breathing, fourth form: striking tide!" I shouted in my head. They swung their arms and legs, dropped me, and tumbled on the floor. At the same time, I managed to land on the ground safely. It almost immediately stood up, quickly recovering from the fall. My eyes widened when I got a better look at what it was. He was standing; he had blue marks all over his body, a smug grin, and words in his eyes.

"Uppermoon 3," I whispered under my breath. Then he started to clap and applaud me slowly. "Wow!" "Such speed and agility! "No normal demon slayer can do that!" "He exclaimed." "You're a hashira, aren't you?" I just stood there, eyeing the upper moon 3, holding my ground and still gripping my katana.

"I am uppermoon 3, Aka-"

" I have no interest in talking to a demon, and I don't like wasting time." I interrupted. "My name is my business." I can see that his face darkened a bit.

"Very well then, fellow hashira." "Would you take my offer to become a demon?" "Don't let your strength go to waste." "Let's train together for centuries and battle together."

"I will not allow myself to become a demon." "I am here to fulfill my mission as a hashira," was the only thing I said.

His smile quickly disappeared and was replaced with a severe look.

"I see, he said." While stomping his foot on the ground, a giant blue snowflake appeared on the floor.

Gripping on my katana, I used the 6th water-breathing form: whirlpool.

The fighting went on for about 10-15 minutes, with the water hashira being heavily injured from all over his body, receiving several injuries from Supermoon 3's attacks. However, being the strong hashira he is, he was able to land a few good blows on Akaza.

A/N: For anyone confused about why Akaza was lurking around the ****** village, Muzan ordered him to find the blue spider lily in one of these villages.

I was breathing heavily and was ready to launch another attack. Despite my injuries, I pushed myself to go beyond my limits, activating the demon slayer mark, and even managed to overpower the upper moon three demons in speed and agility. However, despite these efforts, the Supermoon Three demon managed to land more blows and injuries. And I was fatally wounded. And I struggled to stand up.

"Let me ask again." He said. "Become a demon, and you will surpass beyond your human limits." Before I could respond or do anything, a shadow cast over my head, and I looked up to see what it was. It was a black figure moving so fast I could barely see where it was coming from.

"Water breathing, first form: water surface slash!" The figure yelled. And came charging at the demon, slicing through Supermoon 3's neck. I was genuinely shocked. "Water breathing!?" "Was that Tanjiro just now!?" "But he's not even at hashira level yet. He managed to decapitate the demon so effortlessly." "No, something is wrong." "I noticed a strange presence in whoever that was." "I don't know what it was, but it was not normal." "Has Urokodaki possibly gotten a new successor?" These thoughts flooded through my head as the shadow figure drew his weapon and looked me straight in the eye. When I looked at him better, he had peach-ish, red-orange hair. He has a mask that looks similar to what the covers Urokodaki made. He had a very identical haori to mine and a green and yellow checkered haori with the other half haori colors identical to what I wore when I was younger. He had a big scar on the right side that stretched across his face to the tips of his mouth. He was also short and looked like a kid. He seemed very familiar. I noticed that he had a sword that said, "Destroy demons." "Is he also a demon slayer?" I thought to myself. And the kid started walking towards me; I tried to move but couldn't. I just stood there paralyzed. And he stepped closer and closer to me. My chest started pounding fast. I realized I was getting sleepy; my eyelids felt heavy, and I began losing consciousness. And before I knew it, everything went black.

A/N: Feel free to comment on any ideas for future chapters! I love it when you guys comment; it makes my day. Thanks!

Word count:1135