Chapter 1, The Journey. Part 2 of 2

I walk up to the guards that walk toward me. I put on a panicked look and breathe heavily, "Fire! Fire! You gotta help me, there's a fire! I took what I could and ran!" I grin on the inside, I may be a decent farmer but what I excel at is the art of fast talking and this is my two pronged attack. Before they can even react I shout again, "Don't just stand around and do nothing! The lord will have both your heads if you don't keep the fire from consuming my field!" Just to be sure, I give the knights that have already started running toward my shack a light shove. I take off and run the other way the very second their backs are turned completely away from me. My tired muscles feel refreshed from the sheer thrill of what I'm doing. This is unlike anything I've ever felt before! I never want this feeling to end! I keep running through the town and into the woods, not looking back once. I'm free and I can finally live the life of an adventurer! I'm free and I'm never going back! This feels like home for some odd reason, like I was always supposed to be like this. Like I was always meant to be free! As free as a bird. I run through the forest on this moonlit night. I feel my body shiver, not because its cold because it mist assuredly is not, because of something more powerful. Because of the same thing that draws millions of souls together in the same state. The feeling of running freely where my soul belongs. I coast off this feeling for a while before growing weary once more. I stop and sit on a fallen tree. I'll eventually chop it up for firewood. I take my axe and chop the one log into much smaller ones. I split the logs and carve a line through the middle of half of one of the logs. I put some leaves next to it and take a stick and start to drag it across the line I carved through the middle, we have fire. Not like I need it to see, it's just good for scaring away predators.... hopefully. I rest for the night close to the fire, tired from the hard work and running.