Single no more - 3

LISA

When Mr

When Mr.Kim state the last sentence, I wanted to cry, I was thinking about my plans, dreams, and well, my future. I want to be a successful lawyer. How will I reach that if I am married to someone I didn't know and I'm still young, am I??

But I think as well that I am overreacting. What I think I needed to do is listen first and then disagree if I have to. I sigh for the nth time and look at Mr. Kim.

"Uhm, well". Clearing my throat. "I don't know what to say, Mr. But I'm pretty sure I am single and my parents will not decide who I will marry, especially since they are now dead and they have never been a parent to me."

I wanted to cry because I felt being a pawn, used for someone who never cared for me. But I firmly look into his eyes so he will know I never, and will never back down to whatever he will going to say.

"I know, hija. And I agree with what you are saying. You are smart, I can sense that, but we have signed a contract, and to tell you honestly. I can void the contract and let you pay me instead, but if I am being honest, I like you for my daughter. We can have an agreement if you like." He continuously says, without breathing.

I furrow my brows to what I heard. Contract? Agreement, and it's a she??! Like, do I look like a man? I'm straight, I think.. "Well, Mr. Kim, you don't know me that well. How come you like me for your daughter and I'm a she, don't you like to have grandchildren in the future?" I continue, "be honest with me is your daughter ugly. Ehem, I mean, not that good-looking? Because that's okay. I believe that every person has soulmates." I seriously answered.

And they, well, laugh at me. Burst in laughing, take note. "Hehehe. What's so funny? I'm dead serious here."

"I know, hija, is just that, you are really an extraordinary woman. Matched for my daughter. Well, to answer your questions, I want to have grandchildren, of course. If you are thinking ahead of time, just to let you know, there's a procedure for that already even though the parents are both women. Secondly, I guarantee you that my daughter is pretty, she's just a brat." A big smile ending his speech.

My head is spinning. I really don't know what to do.

"Can I see the contract first, if you don't mind." Looking at him fiercely. It's a statement, not a request.