𝟷𝟹. 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜

Start from the beginning

"I don't flirt." Malfoy replied.

"I find that hard to believe." Pansy said, glancing over at you smugly. You knew what she was insinuating, she had been saying this forever, so much so that when she revealed to you that she had a whole case built up in her head with reasons as to why Malfoy was 'secretly in love with you', it didn't surprise you one bit.

You on the other hand, didn't see it at all. Completely oblivious to the story book romance Pansy had falsely seen between the two of you. It just didn't make sense.

"Y/n!" A voice suddenly yelled, snapping you out of your own thoughts. Probably for the better.

Turning around to face the direction it came from, you were greeted by none other than Harry and Ron, worried looks on their faces.

Any leftover tastes you had of dinner almost instantly turned sour in your stomach, you knew something was wrong, something had finally happened.

"Y/n,"Harry said, "Look uhm, we don't have much time to explain, we'll explain on the way but we have to go.."

"It's about the chamber isn't it?" You asked, to which Mcgonagles voice over the intercoms answered for you, "All students are to return to their house dormitories at once, all teachers to the second floor corridor immediately!"

"Merlin..." Blaise sighed, looking between you and your brother.

"Harry, what the hell's happened?" You asked, slightly panicked.

"We have to go," He reiterated, "Do you have Tom Riddles pen?"

You reached in your back pocket to feel it, nodding. You've been carrying it around ever since Pansy urged you to, now forevermore thankful that she did.

"You guys should uhm," Harry hesitated, looking towards your friends, eyes glued on Pansy, her being the only one he didn't particularly have any problems with, "Head back to your common room, I'm not exactly sure what the announcement was about but I know it's not good."

She nodded, taking a deep breath, "Y/n." With a tug to your wrist you turned your attention back towards your bestfriend, "Please, be careful. I mean it."

You were terrified, she could see it in your eyes, "I will be, ill be back later, don't worry ok?"

She nodded, letting go of your wrist to pull you into a hug instead. No one else said anything, not exactly sure of what they could even begin to say,

And as you head down the hall, following behind your brother aimlessly you found yourself lost in thought again.

Entirely too much had happened, and it was only your first year. You wished you could go back to the moment on the train when you first met Pansy, and Willow. You wished you could go back to the first day of potions class, you wished you could go back to Christmas morning with Malfoy, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyal. You wished you could go back. Harry and Ron seemed as if they didn't care, as if they were prepared for anything, you weren't sure how. Maybe they were just braver than you, or better at acting as if they were anyways.

Zoning back in you noticed you had made it up to the second floor corridor,

"Look, they're over there." Ron said, motioning towards the professors who were all crowded around something written on the wall.

"...It's in blood again." You said, more so to yourself as the three of you crept around the corner.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockheart, your moment has come at last." Snape said, staring the man down.

"Someones been taken into the chamber?" You whispered, looking between the boys.

"Read this.." Harry whispered, passing back a piece of crumbled up paper, "We found it with Hermione..it was in her hand."