𝘃: the same cloth

Start from the beginning

And imagine your little sister had just found out, and had been walking around with a knowing smile ever since.

Olivia didn't have to imagine it.

And Polly certainly hadn't either.

When Olivia had strode into the kitchen late last night, the Aunt had given her the once over (checking the girl hadn't gotten into a scrap) and faced her niece with a puzzled expression. "What'd you know?"

"Nothin'." Olivia had responded, throwing herself down onto her wooden chair at the table, right opposite Finn and giving him a kick on the shin. "'M just happy."

"Really happy."

Polly had rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm glad someone in this house is. Look, Arthur's feeding yous tonight, so brace yourselves and don't get into trouble."

Olivia had nearly scoffed at the warning.

If Arthur was in charge she'd be getting into bloody murder and not a single soul would know come tomorrow morning.

"Where you goin'?" Finn had had the smarts to ask.

"Out."

Olivia caught on very quickly that the Shelby / Gray family replied with 'out' very often, and had only done so when they were acting shady. (That's why Tommy said it so often) (Sorry, Thomas, not Tommy)

"Where's out?"

Olivia laughed into her hands and covered it up with a cough when Polly glared at her.

"Women's business." Polly had changed her answer and tugged her coat on.

"Can I join?" Finn asked, innocently and ever-so-foolishly - in Olivia's opinion.

Polly stared at him.

"Are you a woman?"

"No." He had responded.

"There's your answer."

Finn went to open his mouth, but a shrill shriek from Polly sounded causing both the kids to cover their ears with their hands, "Ada! We've got to get going, not got bloody all night!"

Olivia's eyes widened at her aunt, "See if that were me, I'd be getting scalped for shouting inside the house."

Finn nodded in agreement, "You threatened to throw me out on the streets once for shouting Liv down the stairs."

Polly didn't appreciate that the one night she was doing shady business that Olivia and Finn had decided to be friends and gang up on their poor aunt. "I'm the adult here."

Olivia's face screwed up.

Polly held her finger up in warning as footsteps sounded down the stairs, "Olivia Ruby Shelby if you even dare to give some smart answer I will—"

"C'mon then, what are we waiting for?" Ada asked, tugging her coat tighter around her stomach when she felt the beady eyes of her sister.

Polly looked at her incredulously, "You—!"

The aunt had then shook her head, "No, never-mind. Let's just get this over with."