three

Eyes following the arm that had latched onto mine, I was met with the dark eyes of the blonde that remained on mine.

"You know there's this place that has running water, electricity and all the necessities."

It was quite clear that this was him wanting me to stay in this place and quite frankly it would be useful to have this alliance on my back.

"You want me to stay with you, why?" I retorted, trying to gain an insight into this closed off male.

"I think you already know the answer to that," he dragged on his words ever so slightly as if this was the first time he had ever acted in this way.

"Holmes, but call me Freja."

"Shuntarō Chishiya" he soon replied with a slight nod of his head before quickly turning to leave the blood riddled room.

Almost as if we were moving as one we both descended in silence, eventually reaching the lobby which was now left without a trace of any other players. After they had reached their ultimate demise in such an elementary game, it was quite obvious they weren't meant to last in this land so I moved past Chishiya to the previous white table which now held a five of spades playing card which coincided with the game that we had seemingly completed.

Within my fascination I had noticed yet not tuned into the other presence that had now joined us in the lobby and only when they mentioned my name I turned to face them.

The ex-SDF officer, who I had witnessed to have a relation to the blonde earlier, had now decided to step foot into our tranquillity, "If Chishiya thinks you're going to be an asset to the beach I don't doubt his observation, I'm Aguni" he gruffly exclaimed before placing his hand out for me to shake before I slightly bowed my head, only to slot the playing card between his extended fingers, as I was very aware of the hierarchy in this 'Beach' as I had quickly noticed his unusually low number on his wristband.

As these wristbands seemed to be linked to the Beach, the very few that I had seen and taken to account had quite differing numbers which reciprocated to their personal strength in every sense of the word. All I knew was that I needed to obtain  a high number, I wasn't a Holmes for nothing.

With that, I stood slightly averted motioning the two to move towards the car that Aguni's hands had previously been tending to.

Seated in an old relic, the drive was the upmost uncomfortable. Upon entering this so called 'beach' utopia the eyes were guaranteed to be back on mine, the wish to be held somewhere within the shadows even to be back at home at this point was prevalent.

As I stared out the window, mouth tightly shut, it was clear Aguni would not wait for those stragglers not strong enough to hold their own weight. The impression I would give at this new place would last a lifetime, yet the underlying weakness plaguing my every move quietly had built a wall between myself and this desirable character.

Grand architecture gracing my view, I attempted to focus on the crafted edges and steer my mind away from the overwhelming turn of events. Despite the blond boy, who I have now learnt as Chishiya, seeming quite calm and overall intriguing I just knew that this community will be filled with many of the opposite.

Engine sounds slowly coming to a close, I finally moved my eyeline towards the hotel which now had red spray paint on the signage, claiming their mark in this world.

"Chishiya, you take her up to Hatter.", Aguni started and with no reply from the blonde, he still filtered off through the crowd regardless.

Clearly the two were affiliated but there was a prominent split. Strength brings Aguni into a different group to Chishiya, who has to be high up in this place one way or another. Both their locker keys numbers aren't that low for no reason.

Whilst following the blonde I couldn't help but become annoyed at the overall commotion throughout the hallways. The uprising tension between my throat made it clear that I couldn't cope with it all at once but as I stiffened my back, I reminded myself that the front had to be placed on for the time being until I could find some of my own space.

Soon enough we reached a double door in a rear building of the hotel and despite it only being a few hours into the morning there was an almost full table of players with strong demeanours. Scanning across the empty seats I knew that one was reserved for both Chishiya and Aguni but the long haired man who was soon out of his sight quickly caught my attention.

Strolling towards the two that had just entered the meeting room, I was met with heavy pupils that I could spot in a heartbeat as this certain man dressed in a long kimono paired with some similar trunks to the blonde next to me.

"And who might this be Chishiya?" the stoned man started, leaning even closer towards us.

"Freja, she was in mine and Aguni's five of spades game, I'm sure she'll be of great help to the Beach." he replied saving me from this interaction before hearing a squeal from the table situated in the middle of the room.

It was a black haired woman of who I had never seen before and now being in Japan I thought it was quite out of place for someone to recognise me in this way. Whilst everyone's eyes moved towards the oncoming female, I could sense the confusion of the rest in this action as it seems as if this is an unusual action for such a woman.

"Oh my!" she started whilst taking my hand "How does no one know Freja Holmes, come on. I've seen all your work honestly you're incredible." she finished off, now eyes on mine as if she was some sort of lost puppy. She was much more than that I could tell but settling my eyes back on her I thanked her nonetheless.

"It means a lot, thankyou." I replied with a polite smile and a bow of the head before the female moved towards Hatter, with her hands clasped together like an almighty figure.

"I can test her for an executive position in another game Hatter." she continued clearly not being swayed from her decision and from the '005' position on her wristband it seemed as if I had already gained the respect of the group in the meeting room.

"Let's give her some time to settle in before announcing anything," the madman resumed with a lit up face before being  handed another wristband from one of the men on the outer edge of the room. In seeing the '012' etched on the pink band.

"Chishiya would you show our new recruit to her room and run through the rules?" was the last thing I heard from the long haired male before following the said blonde whose eyes were already focused into mine.