Chapter 15 - Embarassing Moments :')

Começar do início

"Who is she, Koenji-kun?" a girl asked him, her gaze fixed on me with a hint of wariness.

I hoped she didn't perceive me as a rival; I'd happily relinquish Koenji's company to her at the earliest opportunity.

"My friend. She's joining us today," Koenji replied, introducing me with casual ease.

With the order placed, I opted for pasta while Koenji seemed to revel in the company of one-san.

"Koenji-kun, say 'aah~'" One of them cooed in a sugary voice.

"Haha~! Older girls are definitely better~" Koenji played along, his response nearly causing me to gag.

I also tried hard not to gag hearing one-san' sweet sticky voice. Not long after I notice Kiyo and Kikyo entering the cafe. I waved to them, Kikyo returning the gesture while Kiyo acknowledged with a nod.

They settled at a table farthest from our location. Kikyo seemed fortunate to share a meal with Kiyo, while I'm here miserably stuck with Koenji.

Suddenly an idea flashes through my mind. I pulled out my phone and discreetly captured a photo of Koenji in the company of onee-sans. Yes, new blackmail material.

Koenji seemed to catch wind of my intention, but unfortunately for him, his reaction was a step too late.

"Yesssh, new material. I wonder what Auntie's reaction will be when I show her this photo."

"We are not permitted to communicate with the outside world. Regrettably, your plan won't work, dear," Koenji confidently countered.

"Oh? Really? I've heard that there's practically nothing one can't procure in this school. I believe acquiring a one-directional communication method for a single message is well within my means," I taunted with a smug grin.

"Tch, fine. I won't pry any further. It's none of my concern, anyway."

"Fufufu, I love you Koenji-chan." I blow him an exaggerated kiss while winking.

Koenji simply brushed off my antics. I finished my meal and felt an urge to return to the dormitory. Glancing at Kikyo and Kiyo's table, I noticed their expressions appeared somewhat perplexed. Did something happen to them? 

My memory of their cafe discussion was hazy, but I presumed it revolved around Sudou and company. I waved goodbye to them before departing the cafe, eager to put some distance between me and the 'koenji' atmosphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On that day, an announcement was made on the class message. Our test materials had been altered.

"I'll be taking a break from the club for a week," Sudou mentioned during our study session.

"Alright. It's a good opportunity for us to cover new material. We can continue studying what we've been working on," I replied.

"Yes, but man... The teacher is too fucked up. Is this some deliberate attempt to keep us in Class D?"

"I can't say for sure. But it does seem suspicious for us to let it slide. Horikita might need to push even harder to promote Class D."

After wrapping up my session with Sudou, I made my way to Kiyo's room on the fourth floor. I gave a gentle knock on his door.

When Kiyo answered, he was dressed in casual home clothes. Itadakimasu, I gladly enjoy the scenery.

"Chitose?"

"Can I come inside? It's not great to linger in the corridor at this hour." I glanced around the hallway, ensuring no one was within sight.