1: Whispering Woods

Start from the beginning

"Training exercise successfully completed," the woman's voice says over the PA.

After we got back into the locker rooms, Catra was making fun of Adora, "You should've seen your face. You were like, "Aah, no! Betrayal." She says while falling to the floor.

"She's not wrong," I say and Adora glares at me playfully, "Now get off the floor, Catra." I lean down and pull her up as she playfully guess limp in my arms to make it more difficult. I sigh and pick her up bridle style.

"What are you doing!?" Catra shrieks and tries to claw her way out my arms.

"You wouldn't get up so I made you," I say though it's a bit muffled because Catra is pushing me away by my face. She stops after realizing that it's not gonna do anything and just peacefully settles in my arms while embarrassed.

"C'mon Catra. We're senior cadets now. I can't believe you're still pulling such childish, immature-- Is that a mouse?!" Adora yells and points.

"What!? Where!?" Catra and I both shriek and I immediately drop her before quickly coming to my senses and catching her again.

"Are you ever going to not fall for that?" Adora asks, laughing.

"I don't know. Are you ever going to let it go?" I growl and she looks at me surprised. I was a little pissed that she almost made drop Catra. I mean, she could've been hurt.

"Yeah, it was one time!" Catra adds. I carefully set her back on the ground and she holds my arm when I smell Shadow Weaver approaching.

"I know, but for some reason it's always funny." Adora laughs before Shadow Weaver calls her name. We all stand straight and Catra let's go. I squeeze my fists when she looks at me.

"You have done well. You've completed your training course in record time." Shadow Weaver says to Adora.

Adora looks to the ground before replying, "Uh, well, that wasn't just me. You know, Catra and Athena did, too."

Shadow Weaver looks at us in distaste, "Ah, yes. How someone as unmotivated as you two completed the course in that time, I'll never know." I clench my hands more and feel my claws dig into my palms.

"Always serving up those pep talks, huh, Shadow Weaver?" I say glaring at her.

"Silence. Do not be flippant with me, cadet." She says and I scoff while looking at her straight in the eye.

"Heh. That's funny coming from you," I snarl and Adora and Catra look at me shocked.

"Hm," Shadow Weaver's black and red magic surrounds me and lifts me off the ground by my neck. I choke a bit before growling.

"Heh. You're such a bitch," I laugh and Catra looks at me scared while Adora just stares shocked, "I've been through this before so you're dumber than I thought if you think it's gonna work on me." Shadow Weaver grimaces under her mask before letting go in defeat.

"Nothing seems to work on you anymore, Athena. I'll have to find an alternative," she says.

"You have fun with that," I call as Shadow Weaver walks away after telling Adora to walk with her. As soon as they are out of sight, Catra rushes to my side and checks me over.

"You idiot!!" She exclaims, "Shadow Weaver could've killed you!!" She looks generally worried.

"Nah. Hordick wouldn't have allowed it. He knows I'm too useful to him. Nobody knows how to get information like I do." I grin and she smiles shakily.

"At least you're useful for something," Catra says and turns away.

"Hey, don't talk like that. You're useful. Very useful," I say and grab her face to make her look at me, "You're useful me. You always will be." She smiles a bit.