i.

299 A.C.
HIGHTOWER
•••

JOCELYN HIGHTOWER MARCHES HER WAY THROUGH THE WALLS OF HIGHTOWER CASTLE. Many of the servants and maids offer the lady greetings of good morning, but she ignores them as she marches directly to her sister's chambers.

A raven had come from King's Landing and their father had summoned them, but he refused to open the letter until both of his daughters were present. Jocelyn actually lacked patience and so rather than send a servant to fetch her sister, Jocelyn decided to handle the task.

When she reached her sister's door, she could already hear the noises from within. The polite and respectable thing to do would be for her to knock on the door, but Jocelyn isn't polite or respectable. She's annoyed.

She shoves her sister's door open to see a woman lying in her sister's bed that certainly isn't her sister. Her head was thrown back, and she was moaning loudly. Jocelyn rolls her eyes at the sight and claps her hands together.

The woman looks up at Jocelyn and in that moment, she recognizes her as Meredyth Crane, one of Margaery's ladies-in-waiting who seemed to be attending more to her sister than she had Margaery lately.

Meredyth was a proud woman and so it was no surprise when her lips spread in a smile, "Hello Jocelyn."

Elaena pokes her head up from under the covers when Meredyth speaks her sister's name and rolls her eyes at the sight of her, "What do you want?"

"You."

Elaena quirks a brow as she leans against the bedframe and Meredyth begins kissing at Elaena's neck, "That's a bit forward, Jocelyn."

"Father has requested your presence," Jocelyn states, "A raven's come from King's Landing."

"I'll be there as soon as I'm finished," Elaena says before a smirk crosses her lips, "Actually I'll be there when Meredyth's finished."

"Meredyth, aren't you engaged to wed Jon Fossway?" Jocelyn asks as she looks down at her fingernails, "It would be a shame if he learned that you're sharing my sister's bed. After all it was already hard for your father to find you such a match with how – promiscuous you are."

Meredyth stops kissing Elaena's neck and looks over at Jocelyn, her eyes narrowing, "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, but I would," Jocelyn states with a smile, "Now if you would quickly dress and leave my sister's bed, that would be splendid."

Meredyth rolls her eyes as she climbs out of the bed and grabs her dress off the floor. Elaena attempts to hide the smile on her lips and shakes her head at her sister's threat. Jocelyn doesn't even divert her gaze as she watches Meredyth get dressed.

She walks out of Elaena's room, bumping Jocelyn's shoulder as she leaves. Jocelyn bites down on her back teeth as she resists the urge to call Meredyth a cunt. Instead, she looks over at her little sister who was now wrapped in a robe and pouring herself some wine.

"You didn't need to threaten her like that," Elaena says as she sits back down on her bed, "Meredyth is quite agreeable once you get her wet enough."

Jocelyn's nose scrunches in disgust, "You are a disappointment."

"You barged into my room," Elaena states as she places her hand over her chest, "I wasn't bothering anyone."

"You were bothering me by not being where you're supposed to be. Now get dressed. Father wants to meet with us in his solar. If I see Meredyth making her way back in here, I'll be sending Daemon instead. Would you like to ruin our brother's innocence?"