Hyejin shifted closer and took the remaining unorganized books from the old woman's hands carefully. She had to bend down a little since she was taller than Ms. Yang.

The next few hours passed by quickly as she did the same chores, reorganizing the messy shelves and clean the dusty floor. She would occasionally help Ms. Yang at the cashier counter whenever the shop gets too busy.

Hyejin's part time shift has ended as she quickly packed her bag. She wanted to get the second volume of the book she currently binge reading before heading back home.

She slid her bag and walked to the thriller section. Her gaze fell on the book at the top shelf, it was just the book she was looking for."Today's my lucky day" she grinned.

Hyejin tip-toed and grabbed the book, not before another hand brushed against hers and grabbed the same book.

She sighed in annoyance and turned her head towards the person.

Wait, this guy looks familiar.

Hyejin squinted her eyes, trying to recall where she met the familiar person, "Wait.."

"It's you again, strawberry girl!" the guy beamed happily as he took his hand away from the book, pointing his index finger at her.

"Strawberry girl?" Hyejin asked, still confused. She barely know this guy and now he's calling her with an unfamiliar nickname.

"Yeah! You're the one that I bumped into before, remember?" The guy chuckled, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

"Oh, wait.." Hyejin nodded as she finally recognized the stranger in front of her "Yes, I remember you"

He let out a soft giggle before clearing his throat, "I'm sorry again, about before"

The girl immediately shook her head, "No need, it happened a few days ago anyway"

As the guy looked somewhere else, Hyejin sneakily hid the book behind her, still keeping her usual poker expression.

The guy witnessed her sneaky attempt but he played dumb, holding in his laughter. "It was nice to see you again strawberry girl, but i gotta go now" he said before walking away, heading to the cashier counter.

He didn't say anything after that but his cat-like eyes that turned into an adorable crescent moon shape made it obvious that he smiled at the girl before walking away. She chuckled a little before averting her gaze to the book she was holding. Wait, what am i doing?

Hyejin made her way to the cashier, ready to pay for her books. She still have to pay for the stuff even though she works there.

Her gaze fell on the same male figure, who was now standing right beside Ms. Yang.
Suddenly, Ms. Yang spoke up, "Have I ever introduced him to you before?"

Eunji slowly shook her head, "Nope, who is he?" she asked, eyes full of curiosity.

Mr. Yang chuckled before embracing the young guy in a side hug, "This is Jungwon, my grandson. He's usually busy but apparently he has a few days off and decided to visit his beloved grandma, am i right?" Ms. Yang stated playfully, looking at her grandson with gentle eyes.

The guy giggled playfully and returned his grandma's side hug, "That's true, plus, I've promised to help the shop during my break time"

Ms. Yang returned her grandson's gesture with a loving smile, patting his back lightly.

"I see, you've got a cute family bond" Hyejin replied cheerfully. She carefully put the book on the counter and took out her purse, ready to pay for the stuff.

"Oh no, no. You don't have to pay this time" Ms. Yang grabbed the book and placed them in her hands.

"But-" Hyejin was startled. Mrs. Yang has helped her a lot before, and the least she could do was pay for the stuff.

"Ah, ah. No buts. Take this as a small gift from me" Mrs. Yang chuckled softly and gently pushed the book towards her.

Hyejin immediately bowed, showing her gratitude towards the elder. Finding the book here was already a blessing but getting it for free? She didn't expect that. "Thank you so much! I promise to work harder from now on"

Ms. Yang laughed sheepishly and spoke again, "Speaking of work, i think my grandson over here needs a little help. I'm sure you can help him adjust here, yeah?"

"Ah, of course! I'll be glad to help" Hyejin nodded at the older woman and turned her head towards the guy, finally making eye contact with him.

Hyejin shoved the book in her bag and waved them goodbye, finally heading home after a long exhausting day.

She slid off her school shoes and put them on the rack before walking straight to her room, plopping herself on the comfy bed.

Staring at the empty white ceiling, she muttered under her breath, "Yang Jungwon huh.. sounds familiar"

_______ ๑ꕤ๑ _______

BOOKSTORE by softestsun

end of chapter 2