The flirt | Gunwook x Taerae

Start from the beginning

"The same stuff as usual." Taerae lets out an awkward chuckle, shuffling to the edge of his seat. 

He hears a laugh come from Gunwook, that almost sounded too proud to just be meaningless flirting. "I'll order a lot today since you're paying." Gunwook chirps as he picks up the menu.

"Huh? When did I say that?"

"You don't have to say it. I know you'll pay because I'm your favorite." 

Well he wasn't too sure about that, but he didn't mind paying. It was basically a requirement of eating with someone younger than you. Plus, the food at this restaurant wasn't too expensive, so he let Gunwook order as much as he liked. He always enjoyed seeing the younger members eat well, especially Gunwook, because his smile was so cute whenever he'd get excited over food. 

"How are you finding practice?" Gunwook asks, shoveling a chunk of pork belly into his mouth. 

"I'm worried I'm lacking too much in my dancing. I don't want to make our group look bad." He knew his strong point was singing, but to be an idol, everyone expects you to be good at everything. If his dancing wasn't perfect, then he'd be picked apart by netizens. Which would only bring negative attention to ZB1. 

Gunwook was still in the process of chewing when he answers. "You've improved so much already hyung, seriously, I've been so impressed with you."

"Thanks, but I can't take all of the credit, you've helped me a lot. I hope I've not been too much of a burden-"

"Never say that again hyung." Gunwook's expression suddenly turns serious. "What's good about being in a team, if we can't help each other? Using the support system around you doesn't make you a burden, it's make you resourceful." 

"I guess you're right-"

"You should trust me hyung, I'm wise for my age." Gunwook loosens up again with a chuckle. Turning to the table, he uses his chopsticks to pluck up a piece of pork belly, and plants it on Taerae's plate. "Now eat up." 

"Who's the hyung here? I'm the one who should be telling you that." Taerae wears an amused smile as he watches Gunwook put another piece on his plate.

"You're so cute, if I don't look after you, then someone else will, and I'm not just going to let you be snatched away from me." 

There it was again, the overly bold flirting that turned Taerae's cheeks a bright shade of pink. Was he really reading this wrong, because that sounded like something someone in a relationship would say. He felt like he was going insane trying to decipher Gunwook's words and actions. Sure he was a flirt, but if he only acted this way towards him, then there had to be something more to it. It kind of hurt to imagine it all being meaningless, but that was another feeling he didn't understand. 

____

Tonight's practice left Taerae exhausted, so he didn't hesitate to head home once it ended. Some of his group mates hung back to practice more, and usually Taerae would do the same, but he could feel how badly his body needed rest. He always had his health in the forefront of his mind, of course ze_rose would want to see amazing performances, but they would also want him to be healthy. He knew that if he got some rest, he'd be able to come back more energized tomorrow, and give his 100%.

Back at the dorm, Taerae took a nice long shower and did his skin care routine. He got into his favorite casual and comfy clothes, then grabbed a glass of water before settling down in his room. Although he'd had a long day, he wasn't feeling that sleepy, so he decided to spend some time scrolling through twitter. He enjoyed seeing the excited tweets from ze_rose about their debut, and checking up on the fandom's inside jokes. As he was laughing at one of the tweets, he hears a knock at his door. He wasn't sure who it was, as he didn't know which members had come home yet. He assumed it was probably Gyuvin though, since the boy had been coming to him for advice a lot lately. Dropping his phone onto the bed, Taerae walks over to the door, and before he can even open it properly, someone pushes their way in.