AUBREY 6:34 AM

I'll call you later, Chels. Thanks for the info! x

I opened google and typed in his name. Let's find out who you are, Morgan Wallen. A ton of pictures popped up. Links to his spotify, youtube, instagram, wikipedia page, but I needed to dig a little bit deeper than the surface. Then came the articles. "Morgan Wallen Gets Kicked Out of Kid Rock's Bar and Arrested" "Morgan Wallen Caught Making Out with Every Alabama Sorority Girl During Lockdown" What the fuck? I clicked on the link and a video started playing immediately. I turned the sound off so that he couldn't hear it from the bathroom. We could clearly see him, visibly drunk, making out with a first girl, grabbing a second girl's ass, making out with a third girl. And a fourth. And a fifth. I felt my heart sink into my stomach. How could I have been this stupid. I deleted the page and my search history and put my phone back on my nightstand. I got out of bed and got dressed immediately, suddenly feeling incredibly aware of how naked I was. I put my hair in a simple ponytail and I heard him come out of the bathroom.

"So I spoke with my manager, he's gonna have a talk with my PR rep and figure out the best way to approach this," he said, walking towards my bedroom. He walked in and looked at me.

"Well, aren't you pretty, all dressed up," he said, putting his hands on my hips. I took a step back. He furrowed his eyebrows, visibly confused.

"Everything okay..?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I should probably go get my daughter," I mumbled, avoiding eye contact.

"Right now? It's not even 7:00 AM yet, I thought Jared said-"

"Well, Jared isn't in charge, I am," I answered dryly.

"Okay..? Can we at least get coffee..?" he asked tentatively.

"I'm not sure that would be a good idea."

"I don't understand wh-"

"Look, we made a mistake, we shouldn't have. Let's not complicate things," I said.

"A mistake? Baby, don't say it like that," he said, taking a step towards me, putting his hands on my hips again. I looked down, staring at his boots, avoiding eye contact at all cost, but he lifted my chin with his two fingers and looked into my eyes. His eyes felt sincere, that was the worst part. He didn't look like an asshole, but I still couldn't shake the image of him making out with a

million different girls in the span of a single night. And that's just the time he got caught. I shivered.

"Are you cold?" he asked.

"I'm fine."

"Do you want me to leave..?" he asked. I didn't get to answer before I heard a knock on the door.

"Who the hell knocks on people's doors at 7:00 freaking AM", I mumbled, making my way towards the door with Morgan following suit. I swung the door open only to discover Jared standing on the other side. Shit. He looked at me quietly, then looked at Morgan, and back at me. He chuckled dryly.

"I see what this is," he said.

"Jared it's not-" I began. He turned away from me and looked straight into Morgan's eyes, pointing his finger at him.

"You. You could've had any girl last night. Why the fuck would you do this?! Fucking friend you are," he snarled. He looked at me.

"And you," he scoffed. "Congrats on being the 10 000th girl to fuck Morgan Wallen, Aubrey", he spat before turning around shaking his head and disappearing down the stairs. I was speechless. In the span of one night, I had managed to piss off one of my best friends and have sex -for the first time in three damn years- with someone who fucks one girl after the other. Nice going, Aubrey. I sighed and closed the door.

"What do we do now?" Morgan asked.

"What do you mean 'what do we do now'?! You go home and keep singing your songs and making out with random girls and I'll try and fix the friendship I just ruined for no good reason," I snapped.

"That's not fair."

"Well, life ain't fair, you'll be fine," I responded dryly.

"It's not like I twisted your arm, you were coming onto me," he said nonchalantly. Wow. Who the fuck does this guy think he is. I could feel my blood boiling.

"Yeah, I bet those sorority sisters were coming onto you too," I said. His eyes widened.

"Is that what this is about?! Something I did three fucking years ago? That's why you're so mad right now?" he said. Shit. "And how the hell do you even know about that? You said you didn't know me. What, you lied?"

"No, I-"

"That's fucked up-"

"I didn't lie!" I yelled. "My friend saw the pictures of you and I and she texted me saying you were kind of a dick so I googled you," I admitted, semi-embarrassed.

"Ah, Google. The best way to get to know someone for who they truly are," he snapped sarcastically.

"You know what, screw you. I know exactly what kind of guy you are. Love 'em and leave 'em, am I right? Well, I don't deserve this. I deserve someone great. Someone who likes me!"

"You do," he said.

"Exactly!"

"Exactly! So why are we fighting?" he rejoigned.

"I don't know!" I snapped back. I didn't even have time to think before he grabbed my face and kissed me roughly. He let his fingers run into my hair and pushed me slightly. Our bodies pressed together heatedly against the wall, breathing heavily as our lips danced together. I could feel the soft tickle of his breath beneath my nose. What are you doing, Aubrey? I pulled away.

"I'm not just another one of these girls you can just shut up with a kiss!" I defended myself.

"I don't think that! I just... wanted to kiss you," he retorted softly.

"Yeah, well, you want to kiss a lot of people. And I slept with you, are you even clean?"

"Aubrey! Yes, I'm clean! And just 'cause I like to make out with pretty girls every once in a while doesn't mean I sleep with all of them!" I rolled my eyes. "It's true!" he continued. "Look, I like that you're hard working and that you stand up for yourself. I like that you're a mom and that you take your responsibilities to heart, I like you. Please don't make this out to be something it's not," he said, almost pleading. He seemed genuine, but I still wanted to be careful. I didn't have the luxury to bring just anyone in my life. I had to protect my daughter and be cautious of the people she got attached to. With everything that had happened with her dad, I couldn't afford to drag her along another failed relationship. And I still couldn't shake what I had seen, or what Jared had said.

"It just sucks to feel like just any girl could have been in bed with you last night. Like it didn't have to be me. But, we didn't make each other any promises, Morgan. You did nothing wrong. I just got a bit carried away. It's fine."

"Well, that's simply not true-"

"I think you should go."

----------------------------

I hope you guys like this! Feel free to give feedback, always

XO 

LadyBug