A Glimpse Of Something New

Start from the beginning

In response to your concerns, Crystal re-evaluated her words. "Well, not fight, just show him you can handle at least being here as we train harder" she suggested and you gulped, asking how you were supposed to do that as Crystal pulled you over to where she was standing before she went over to Gorgon's side.

"This is not a good idea, Crystal" the Royal Guard grunted But Crystal claimed otherwise. "Just give him a chance to prove himself, throw a couple rocks" she suggested and Gorgon grunted. "Fine" he said before picking up the largest boulder within reach and you staggered back as Crystal stopped him, again fixing her words by saying small rocks. "No boulders just yet" she said before using her powers to create a large pile of what were effectively pebbles to Gorgon but which were still large for you.

Frozen to the spot out of fear, you asked Crystal if this was really a good idea before ducking as Gorgon threw the rock at you. It was thrown with such ferocity that it actually caught fire, barely missing you as you dropped to the ground. "You'll be fine" Crystal gave you a thumbs up before she stepped back as Gorgon proceeded to throw all the rocks at you as if they were snowballs.

You failed to see how this would prove you could handle being around the two as they really tested their powers, a fact you stated as you practically danced around to dodge the bombardment of rocks. "It's just to show you can get clear if needed, you're doing great!" Crystal gave you a thumbs up as you jumped, ducked and weaved out of the way of the projectiles being sent your way.

You shouted and screamed, flailing about to avoid being hit, you could have sworn you saw Gorgon smirking as well but you couldn't exactly allow yourself time to be certain as the bombardment only relented when he was out of ammunition. "More rocks" the bruiser then declared and Crystal provided, much to your chagrin as you finally had a clear look of the grin which Gorgon had as he pelted you with more rocks.

"Crystal, this is not a good idea!" You shouted as you twisted yourself in all kinds of poses to dodge, hearing Gorgon's bellowing laughter at your panic whilst missing as Crystal covered her own giggling with her hand. "You're doing fine" she then called back before she looked at Gorgon who was suddenly lifting a larger boulder over his shoulder.

"Dodge this!" The Inhuman bruiser shouted before launching the boulder your way and you dove out the way for it to fly past you and embed itself in the wall. You covered your head with your hands, eyes closed tight for a moment before you looked up, then you started laughing nervously as you stood up. "Ha, I dodged it, heh" you said before suddenly flopping onto your back as a rock hit you dead centre in the forehead.

"Ha ha!" Gorgon laughed as you just laid there, groaning as Crystal made her way over to you and knelt by your side. "See? You did great" she smiled as you pushed up on your elbows, a little dizzy as you looked at her and asked how that was the case."I just got hit by a rock" you told her but Crystal just smiled and said to look at Gorgon, you did so to see the brute of a man with a smirk as he crossed his arms with a nod.

"I think you're bonding" Crystal told you and you looked at her with an expression of incredulity. "How is being pelted with rocks a bonding experience? Is this some sort of Inhuman custom?" You asked as she laughed, replying that wasn't the case but Gorgon seemed to tolerate your presence more when he pelted you with those rocks than when you just observed her training.

You just blinked a few times before shrugging; "whatever you say, oh, my head" groaned as Crystal winced. "Ooh, you have a bit of a bump, here" she said before placing her hand on your forehead, her touch being cold to try ease the headache you felt coming on. You looked at her as she was smiling softly, apologising for putting you in this position but she felt it would have been the best way for Gorgon to tolerate you more.