As the crown neared her, a deafening crash shattered the air. Dust and debris billowed around them, ensuing chaos as people screamed and scattered. The screeches and roars of a dragon pierced the tumult. Elaena, dragging Helaena behind her, and Aemond standing protectively in front of them.

Meleys, with Rhaenys on her back, emerged from the chaos. Their eyes met briefly, and Elaena subtly nodded. The guards strained to close the gates as Meleys took a menacing step towards Aegon. Alicent swiftly moved to shield her son.

Rhaenys' unwavering gaze lingered on them, her expression unreadable. Meleys unleashed a thunderous roar, and moments later, another dragon arrived—a silvery creature folded its wings, landing beside Meleys.

Elaena smirked and whispered to Helaena, "Come with me. The children are safe, they're already on their way to Dragonstone." Helaena nodded in agreement.

Drawing her dagger, Elaena urged Helaena forward.

"Get Helaena." Alicent commanded.

Elaena pointed her dagger at Ser Criston, her voice dripping with menace, "Make one false move, and I will pierce this through you." she threatened.

"You cannot take my daughter from me." Alicent pleaded.

"You forfeited the right to be a mother long ago, Alicent." Elaena declared.

Silverwing let out a threatening screech as Elaena approached her, a stark warning to anyone daring to harm Elaena. Carefully assisting Helaena, Elaena mounted Silverwing, preparing to take flight.

"Sōvēs." Elaena commanded, giving them a chilling smile.

Meleys departed first, and as Silverwing let out a final roar, she joined Dreamfyre, who had been circling above the Dragonpit, awaiting their arrival.

Meleys, Dreamfyre, and Silverwing touched down on the shores of Dragonstone, their powerful wings beating against the sea breeze. Rhaenys, Elaena, and Helaena disembarked from their dragon mounts and made their way towards the castle.

As they entered the castle, the guards announced their arrival, and Rhaenys took the lead, guiding Elaena and Helaena through the familiar halls. The air inside was cool and heavy, and the atmosphere was sombre as they walked in silence.

Soon, Daemon caught sight of Elaena and swiftly closed the distance, his eyes filled with a mixture of relief and concern. Without hesitation, he enveloped Elaena in a warm embrace, his arms providing solace and strength in that moment.

"My wildfire." Daemon murmured, his voice filled with love and worry.

Elaena clung to him, finding comfort in his presence. She felt a mixture of emotions surging through her, from the grief of losing Viserys to the weight of the battles that lay ahead.

Rhaenys, standing nearby, watched the reunion with a mixture of sadness and understanding. The bond between Daemon and Elaena was truly unbreakable.

"Princess Rhaenys, might we hope for news of Lord Corlys's recovery?" Rhaenyra asked.

"Viserys is dead." Rhaenys stated, her voice tinged with sorrow.

Rhaenyra, her hand resting protectively on her belly, felt a pang of pain. She had lost her father, and the weight of her responsibility as the true heir to the throne grew heavier.

Elaena lifted her head, her gaze meeting Daemon's as they sought solace and strength in each other's eyes. The news of Viserys' death hit them both hard, deepening the resolve in their hearts.

"I grieve this loss with you, Rhaenyra. My cousin, your father... possessed a kind heart." Rhaenys added as she approached Rhaenyra, "There is more. Aegon has been crowned as his successor. And he planned to make Elaena his queen, if I was late to arrive."