7

Sal POV:

"Travis, there is no fucking way in hell you just beat my high score." Sal said as Travis held the beaten and bruised gearboy in his hands. "I did?" Travis raised an eyebrow. "I only got to a thousand points." Travis showed the achievement screen to Sal, pointing to his newest high score. "Yeah, and beat the game, asshole!" Sal joked, slapping Travis' shoulder.

"Oh, shit—I didn't mean to! I just got zoned in and didn't reali—" Travis stumbled over his words, displeased at the fact he seemed like a show off. "No, dude—don't be sorry, it's awesome! I haven't met anybody that was actually beat Clumpy, so, if anything I'm proud of you." Sal reassured Travis, smiling underneath his mask as Travis' face lit up, a bright red surfacing on his face.

"Yeah." Was all Travis managed to mutter out, his eyes were facing away, and Sal could tell he was anxious. "Are you okay? You look upset." Sal asked concerned, which only made Travis' heart race faster. "I'm fine."

"Travis you're shaking, your face is red, and you look pale. What's wrong?" Sal repeated, his face saddened at the sight of Travis so worked up. Maybe Sal was being too much, but he just wanted to know what was wrong. "I'm fine, Sal."

"But you're not."

"Sal, you're pushing it."

"Travis I'm only trying to help."

"Sal."

Sal sighed, frustrated at Travis. "Okay, I'm sorry." Was all he said. He didn't know what to do to get Travis to talk. They had made so much progress but it still wasn't enough for Sal. He wanted to know—needed to know what always made Travis so upset.

It drove him up the walls to see Travis upset and not be able to know what was wrong. He had always been like that, for everything. But even more so for Travis.

"It's fine, let's just do something else." Travis said in a monotone voice. He ran his fingers through his hair, adjusting the positioning of his side part. He flipped it into a middle part, yet again not satisfied. He made a displeased face and Sal simply stared, confused.

"You good, dude? You're actually like your hair is on fire or something." Sal said, almost laughing at how ridiculously Travis was acting. "It's my hair. It doesn't feel right." Travis replied. Running his fingers through his hair once more. "Elaborate?"

"It's like my hair just feels wrong. No matter which way I part it, it doesn't feel right." His eye twitched as he sat his hands down at his side, admitting defeat. "Maybe I could help? I'm not too good with hair, so, don't expect a glorified makeover or somethin'." Sal turned to face Travis, waiting for his approval.

"Go for it." Travis laughed, not believing in Sal's hair abilities at all.

Travis waited patiently as Sal grabbed a brush off his dresser and began to part his hair, "Uh, side part or middle part?" Travis simply shrugged and Sal let out a small hum, taking that as a chance to partake in his creative abilities. Sal wanted to make Travis' hair look nice, but nothing too outrageous. His goal was to simply rejuvenate his hair, just something new to try.

It wasn't anything crazy, but Sal did part Travis' hair on the opposite side, a slight difference to what Travis' everyday hair was. He made sure the part was straight and even, and overall put way more effort into this than he normally would anything.

Travis POV:

Travis' heart raced, basically pounding out of his chest. He could feel sweat dribble down his cheeks, and his face felt hot. So so hot. When Sal had finally finished messing with his hair and backed away he could feel every muscle in his body relax. During the entire 5 minutes Sal had spent parting his hair Travis' strained to keep still, hardly even breathing. He had balled up his fists so tight his knuckles turned white and had tensed his muscles so much you could very easily see how strong Travis really was.