𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

{CHAPTER 0.1𝟏}
ANOTHER BALL

Your soul danced with mine as mine with yours-k

-k.j

WE STOOD THERE EYES LOCKED ON ANOTHER, seeing a future for us both and our families or the ruin of both names from scandal. Testing fate is risky but testing love is a menacing game with more outcomes than one thinks. I could see all the desire in his brown eyes that yearned to take action. The Viscount took a step closer grabbing me bringing his lips to mine in a swift motion.  I kissed back instantly, letting my desires finally consume me. I kissed Viscount Bridgerton like my duties and scandals didn't matter.

Leave it to people to complicate matters with their ceremonies and their cakes. Is it not a wonder  that anyone marries at all? Indeed, some may call a wedding an ultimate act of faith. Why others may call it the ultimate act of fools. Nonetheless this act creates unions as well as destroys them. Eagerly awaiting two words "I do." bride and groom intentions alone, with no guarantee of happiness. Marriage amounts to little more than human ritual. But what of love, compassion for the other? Why might we try to orchestrate what nature has already ordained?

I laid in my bed that night feeling the silks touch my skin, feeling there soft touch they didn't compare to  Anthony's. I traced over my lips where his crashed into mine, softly. I also thought of lady Quinn and the sorrow and betrayal she felt from myself and him. I know the scandal will be menacing. I woke to my sisters hovering over my bed with Miss Whistledown in hand.
Explanations to why Princess Deliah absconded from the altar may be greater in number than anyone could possibly fathom.

I read as my Ladys got me from bed walking me towards the bath. I soon tossed the gossip paper aside as I sat in the warm white water.

"So what deli?" Eleanor asked, sitting in her own bath, "I'm quite unaware what you mean." I stated, playing with the pink rose petals that filled the bath. "What the hell with Lord Egginton?" Margo cursed, splashing water. "Margaret." Me and Karina called out at her none lady-like outburst as little Eleanor laughed at her sisters in patiences. "I'm sorry sister but he was a perfect gentleman–"Does this have to do with the Viscount Bridgerton?" Ellie questioned, "What about the Viscount?" Margo questions. "Listen girls." I began, "I didn't love Lord Egginton as I should...and I couldn't marry a man who was just perfect and not perfect for me." I told them with truth in every word.

"So you indeed love Lord Bridgerton." My young sisters concurred, with small smiles. "I do fancy Eloise..she is quite a unique lady." Morgo stated, I smiled hearing about her fancy for the Bridgertons. They were one of the ton's most genuine families who cared dearly for each other. We were alike in so many ways antony and i were young when we were giving our first commands. And we walk with that pain and shame on our shoulders, never dreaming of asking for help because it's up to us to care for our families all the time. Because history has its eye on you it always will. You don't get to choose who you will have forever or who comes and goes.