THE DEATH

CHAPTER 2

THE DEATH

       The tray pan on my head fell flat to the ground,my ukpa scattered around the ground in waste,my hands on my head and my knees to the ground,my eyes covered in tears to behold my fathers corpse being brought into the compound by the youths of the village .
        My father was found dead in his farm with a rope around his neck which was associated with sucide,and that was a taboo in my community .My father had hunged himself, he could not stand the pains and torture his family was going through ,his farm was overtaken by flood and all his crops and seedlings where washed away, my mother couldn't meet up the rent for her shop so she closed up and sold her machine to be able to cater for the family.
We were left penninless and zero.With these pains my father couldn't withstand and endure so he objected to taking his own life .
     I dropped out of school,i and my brothers my Brothers were then sent to learn trades while i remained back at home to sell ukpa,but i didn't mind as far as it kept my family together,but now papa decided to take his life,he couldnt endure,he couldnt wait,he could not seek help,he wallowed in self pride and died in shame.
   Papa was buried like an outcast that same day leaving my family in shock and guilt.After papa's burial the next question was"how about the children he left behind".