Chapter Five: Now what...? (2)

(Yes sir, another 2000+ word chapter. Word Count: 2587)

Both Tanjiro and Kanao split up to their own classrooms, as they are a year apart from each other. It takes a bit of time, but the second Tanjiro opens the sliding down to enter his class, he gets sent flying back into the hallway from the gang of students blocking him. They give Tanjiro death stares, as they hate him with every fiber of their bodies. All of them clench their fists, and some of them even have bookbags on hand. It seems that they want to pick a fight with Tanjiro, and they won't hold back while doing that.

"W-What now!?", Tanjiro exclaims in his head. He slowly starts to get up, trying to recover from how much force was put on him from getting slammed on the wall. The students start to approach him, cracking their knuckles as a threat. One of the bigger students, and most likely one of the boys who fawn for Kanao more, throws a wickedly strong punch at Tanjiro. 

But, just before the punch can connect, a familiar looking yellow and red spiked haired man grabs the student's arm, negating the punch. He has a stern look on his face, as he does not like anyone who picks on others. The student immediately backs up and begins to cower in fear.

"R-Rengoku-Sensei!?", he screams out, sounding very shocked at his sudden appearance. Tanjiro looks up and notices Rengoku standing there, holding a clipboard and some papers. It looks like he was actually going to commute to Tanjiro's class, but ended up seeing Tanjiro about to be bullied. All of the students back up and rush back inside the classroom, not wanting to mess with any of the staff at Kimetsu High. 

Rengoku smiles while looking down at Tanjiro, and he seems cheerful about something. He clears his throat while covering his mouth with his balled up hand, and then begins to speak, sounding happy and enthusiastic as always.

"Well, Kamado! I heard about what you did yesterday from the other students and teachers, and I have to say, I'm quite surprised! Making a move on the first day of school, hm!?", Rengoku speaks, sounding very cheerful in his speech. This comment makes Tanjiro blush a little bit, as he really doesn't want to be reminded about his kiss with Kanao. He awkwardly chuckles before heading inside and sitting in his desk. 

It hasn't even been a full twenty four hours, and Tanjiro is already the most popular topic at Kimetsu High, but not really for a good reason. Sure, he might be catching a ton of attention right now, but that attention is mostly all hate. But Kanao might have it worse, as all of the girls and boys are coming to her to rant about Tanjiro, leaving her uncomfortable about the situation. They both regret the events of yesterday, and they regret it a lot. But, there is a good thought that lingers at the back of both of their minds.

"I want to go home...", Tanjiro says to himself in his head while sighing. He puts his head down on his desk, as he doesn't want to attract anymore attention (hate) from anyone else. Rengoku enters the room and decides to just move on with his math class, not wanting to address the current elephant in the room. 

.

.

.

.

Rengoku's history class goes fine for the most part, but due to the fact that only six other students are in the class, it seems kind of boring. And the reason for the lack of students is because most of them got knocked out by Tengen, Sanemi, and Giyu earlier. They have all been escorted to a hospital already, meaning that only around half of the school is present today. 

Midway through class, Rengoku finally decides to speak up about the current situation that is one everybody's minds. His expression gets a bit more serious, but his happy and cheerful demeanor remains. He points to Tanjiro, and begins to speak to him.