Chapter 4: Not that bad

Rotxo, Tsireya and Aonung dive gracefully in the clear, almost transparent water, following by Lo'ak and Neteyam, who, contrary to them, enthusiastically jump in the sea, screaming as their body fall in the fluid element.
Tirol, Kiri and Tuk are behind their brothers.

"Come on, Tirol!" Kiri exclaims, noticing her sister hesitating to go swimming as Tuk impatiently pulls her arm.

Tirol sighs. She don't want to be here.

"Ti, please..." Tuk begs, her ears going down.

The older rolls her eyes but agrees "okay, okay." Tuk's face lights up as Kiri jumps in the sea, following the teens. "Go with them, Tuk", Tirol reassures, "I'll follow." The youngest nods as she jumps in the water as well.

Tirol sits on the raised weaves as she slowly takes a deep breath before exhaling, doing this exercise three times and lets herself sinking in the sea, holding now her breath.

She is surrounded by fishes. The water's temperature is warm, and she would be lying if she said that the underwater landscapes are not beautiful.

A cute, pink jellyfish dives towards her as she tends her hand to caress it. The jellyfish rubs happily her hand before diving away, and Tirol can't help but find it adorable.

Seeing her brothers not to far, she swims towards them, passing Kiri who is mesmerized by the sea creatures.

Tsireya turns around, checking the family and kindly grinning at Tirol when she notices she easily catches up her brothers, actually comfortable in the water. Tirol grins back.

Rotxo, next to her, often turns around too, feeling a little bit satisfied to finally see Tirol peacefully swimming between her brothers.
He stares at her a little bit to long, making her noticing, in results of Rotxo becoming nervous and bumping into Aonung.

Tsireya's brother quickly looks at his friend, seeing him flustered as he sends an apologetic look. Aonung shrugs but then turns around to see the curly haired Omatikaya. He understands Rotxo's behavior now. Aonung smirks at his friend.

Tsireya did not notice anything though, her eyes being glued on Lo'ak.

The brothers and Tuk suddenly start to swim toward the top, craving for air.

The Metkayina teens stop, looking at them, before looking at Tirol, waiting for an explanation because they are all confused.

She don't know how to explain this.

Lo'ak puts his heads under water after taking deep breaths.

Swim together with us, Tsireya signs as Neteyam and Lo'ak shake their head no, not understand what she is signing.

Tsireya understands and instead, indicates them to come with her arm, Rotxo doing the same.

Lo'ak, Neteyam and Tuk dive once again but quickly return to the top, breathing heavily one more time.

What's wrong with them?, Aonung asks to Tirol, truly confused about the fact she can hold her breath longer than their siblings, as she just tilts her head in response, not understanding.

She don't understand this language yet, Rotxo signs to Aonung who completely forgot. She is good at diving, but the other guys are bad divers, he continues. Tsireya scolds them: Stop. They're learning.

Aonung throws  his head back of annoyance but listens to her sister.

Tirol just awkwardly stays here, frustrates to not understand the conversation. Rotxo sends her an apologetic look and signs 'I'm sorry' hoping his facial expression will be enough for her to understand.