Remember Me- Severus Snape

TW: Angst and death, fyi in this one shot the killing curse doesn't kill the victim instantly. They have more time than in the films and books

Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don't let it make you cry

"Avada Kedavra!"

The bright green spell hit its mark. On the center of her chest.

For even if I'm far away I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart

"Carina!"

Severus rushes to her and caught her before she hit the ground.

"Severus, where is Dulcie," Carina gasped, leaning heavily against him.

"She's with Minerva in the Great Hall," Severus answered hurriedly, helping Carina to balance properly.

"I want to see her before I die. I know if have a few hours but still," she grunted, the pain n her chest growing with every step she took.

Que nuestra canción no deje de latir
Sólo con tu amor yo puedo existir (recuérdame)
Que nuestra canción no deje de latir
Sólo con tu amor yo puedo existir (recuérdame)

"I love you, remember that. Do you remember our song?" Dulcie nodded her head, tears in the corner of her eyes threatening to fall, "Do you want to sing it?" again, Dulcie nodded.

"Remember me, though I have to say goodbye," Carina started, look straight into her daughter's eyes.

"Remember me, don't let it make you cry," she continued. Severus looked at his wife and daughter with tear-stained cheeks. Carina sang this to Dulcie every time she had to go somewhere for the Order or her job as an Auror. They both knew every word by heart.

"For even if I'm far away I hold you in my heart, I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart." Carina and Dulcie were both singing now. Dulcie layed her head on her mother's chest still continuing to sing.

"Remember me, though I have to travel far. Remember me, each time you hear a sad guitar. Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be until you're in my arms again...Remember me."

Dulcie lay asleep on her mother for the last time. Carina's breath started to become uneven. She looked at Severus and Dulcie who were both asleep, "I love you both," she whispered quietly. Comfortably and without pain, Carina took her last breath with her hand connected with her husband's, who she dearly loved, and her beloved daughter. Death didn't scare Carina, because she knew she'd see them all again. Carina closed her eyes and greeted death like an old friend.

426 words

Multifandom One Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें