Chapter 2

"I don't understand

"I don't understand..." - M

"You never do" -A

Melusine's heart was divided between her love for the morning and her affection for the night. In all honesty, she couldn't pick a favorite. The sight of the sunrise left her breathless, while being tucked into bed by her parents was always a cherished moment. The moon, with its perpetual melancholy, was her dearest companion. Although countless stars adorned the night sky, they seemed too distant for meaningful conversation, so she sought solace in the moon's silent presence. The daytime was bustling with people enjoying the sun's warmth, a realm she preferred to avoid. However, what Melusine cherished most of all was the company of her two uncles.

Aegon always made her laugh, his jokes, his teasing, him in general. Aemond though, was something else. Almost majestic he was smart and intelligent with a sharp mind for the sword and dragons. Melusine loved Aemond the most, he made her giggle and awe at his existence. The people at court often laughed at how she was always stood by her uncle's hip hoping to catch his eyes and always seemed to wander everywhere but her. She didn't care though, they were just jealous that they didn't know Aemond as she did.

Melusine stood in front of her mother's long mirror judging her dress. it was beautiful, the latest fashion, and in Targaryen colors. "It's uncomfy" she whined to her mother who stood being dressed by a maid. "But it is beautiful, and eyes shall fall upon you" stated Rhaenyra sweetly "Women's power comes from their fashion" Melusine pursed her lips in thought, her young mind not fully registering her mother's words "So Aemonds eyes shall be upon me!?" asked Melusine happily "I suppose?" responded the girls mother awkwardly, she found Melusine's love for Aemond sweet but she also found great worry in it. It was obvious to all that Aemond did not like the girl. "His favorite color is green though...why does he like such an ugly color" sighed the child before wandering to her mother "Some people are interesting" laughed Rhaenyra. 

Aemond held a deep aversion for both mornings and nights. He relished productivity and making the most of his time but couldn't endure waking up to a world he saw as unjust. Going to bed was equally unbearable, as it marked another night of torment fueled by his unceasing drive to do more. What irked him most, however, were his niece and nephews. He couldn't bear witnessing their carefree joy, as they carried the love he felt should have been his, like a weight he had been denied.

"Aemond let me fix your hair" Aemond stood in his mother's chamber dressing in his green clothes. She sat at a small table sipping on some sweet wine, awaiting him to finish. Aemond nodded and she arose from her seat and walked up behind him. She gently brushed the silver locks not uttering a sound, Aemond watched her through the mirror, how her eyes hazed to another time, how her mouth didn't move from its frown at all. "Can you tell her not to stand next to me" groaned Aemond who angrily frowned at the thought of the little devil standing beside him "I can try Aemond but you know I cannot control your father" Anything Melusine wanted Viserys provided to her. She was but four, why did she deserve such luxury he did not understand? he was 10 and couldn't even get a birthday gift from the king.

Yet that babe on her first birthday received such a large amount of gifts it could fill her chamber from floor to ceiling, And it did. "Just be good, do not cause trouble like Aegon" Aemond nodded and shut his mouth, he did not desire to lose her favour, so he did always as she asked. "Shall we head out?" asked Ser Cole, Alicent nodded sadly and let go of her son's hair "Yes, yes we shall" Alicent parted from the boy and began her fast pace, Cole and Aemond following behind her. 
"Did you know dragons grow better out of captivity" mumbled Aemond lightly to Cole who nodded along confused "I have not" he responded "Do not talk about those beasts Aemond, you know they belong in confinement" Aemond frowned shutting his mouth quickly. Only one dragon did not stay in the pits. Tidewyrm a beautiful dragon, that should have been his. They had gone to dragon stone to try and find Aemond a dragon to claim just like they had done with Aegon. Only they had brought the bastard kin with them, and young Melusine who was only but 3 had found a dragon in his stead. Rhaenyra had lain her on the grassy fields where they ate and Tidewyrm came flying in search of her. 

Everyone was shocked, such a large dragon, a beautiful one at that. They thought it was Silverwing at first Queen Alysanne's dragon but after a bit of viewing it was evident that it was a different dragon, one never seen before. Only recently had Melusine given it the name Tidewyrm, and do to her begging King Viserys had allowed the dragon to roam on one of the nearby islands. which only furthered its growth. Aemond had heard his father say that Tidewyrm would soon be the same size of Vermithor. It made the young prince seeth in anger, why had he yet a dragon! "Aemond!" and there is was again that annoying voice.

Little Melusine came running toward the prince her mother not far behind "Melusine do not run" commanded Alicent and the girl came to a quick halt in front of the boy "Sorry" she mumbled before happily grinning at her uncle "Neice" was all he greeted before quicking his pace "Do you like my dress?" she asked sweetly, aemond did not give it one glanced and hummed in reply "Its not your color" this confused her "what do you mean" she asked "You are a velaryon you should wear your house colors"  he replied angrily "Then why don't you wear red and black" Suddenly he grew mad, was she trying to say he was not Targaryen? why should he wear the colors of a man who does not love him? before he could respond she stopped him "That was rude Uncle" she quickly wandered back to her mother with a frown and Aemond could feel his mother's angry stare, his father would hear about this...he knew it. She annoyed him, all she did was ruin his life, and every time she called him uncle he just wanted to punch her. Sadly he couldn't because unlike her he knew of duty and honor. all she'd ever be is a whore like her mother.