Chapter 3-The confrontation

There was a knock on the Valide's door. It was Sümbül Ağa with the girl. The sultan's mother let them in.

"Sultanım!" Said Esma and she bowed to her. "You called for me."

"Yes, come closer. Let me have a look at you." Esma came closer and the Valide just smiled at her.

"You are in Hürrem's service, is that right?" The Valide asked the girl. The girl just nodded and stayed silent.

"Listen to me girl, if any concubine bothers you, just come to me, okay? And I will take care of them." The Valide said and Esma had on a face that said she didn't understand why would the Valide say that.

"Thank you for your kindness, your highness!" Esma said. She was very thankful that the sultan's mother was so kind to her.

"You can go now." The Valide said and Esma bowed and left.

~1534~

4 years had passed, and Esma was still in Hürrem's service.

It was a disaster in the palace. The Valide Sultan was very ill, the doctors were trying to figure out what was wrong with her. They were saying it could have been a stroke, but they weren't sure.

Sultan Süleyman was trying to make his mother healthy again, but he knew that the possibility for that was low.

Hatice Sultan wasn't going to give up on her mother. She had problems with her husband, İbrahim pasha recently, but they had solved them, or at least she thought. The pasha was cheating on her, but she has no clue.

Because the Valide was deadly sick, Hürrem was gaining more power and Hatice Sultan wanted to stop her, but didn't know how.

After a few months of the Valide being sick, she suddenly died, making the whole palace, the whole empire sad.

The sultan created a new title, the Haseki title and gave it to Hürrem. She became a sultana. She got the harem's management. Süleyman married her. And she became the most powerful woman in the palace.

Hürrem found out about İbrahim's affair and she told Hatice Sultan, who wanted to divorce the pasha, but didn't because it would've made Hürrem more powerful.

~At Hatice Sultan's palace~

"Call for Esma Hatun! Hurry!" The sultana ordered.

Some time later the girl arrived and went to see Hatice Sultan.

"Sultanım! You called for me, is everything okay?" The girl asked concerned.

"Everything is okay Esma, don't worry. But I have to tell you something." Hatice Sultan looked at the girl and said: "You are a sultana, an imperial princess, like Mihrimah Sultan." The girl had a shocked look on her face. She was trying to process things.

"I will tell His Majesty today. But I also have to tell you why I told you this."

"So I'm.......the daughter of...his majesty? The sultan?" The girl asked quietly.

"Yes, you are the daughter of Sultan Süleyman and Hürrem Sultan." Hatice Sultan said.
"You have to stop Hürrem, if His Majesty finds out about you being his daughter, you will have a lot of power. And together we can stop your mother."

"I will help you Sultanım!"

"Let's go back to the palace, the carriage is ready." Esma and Hatice Sultan walked to the carriage and went to the Topkapı Palace.