ʚɞ the stage name discourse

Hiroto approached Jaemin in the kitchen, Zihao, Daehyeon, and Hyeonggeun still asleep

Hiroto approached Jaemin in the kitchen, Zihao, Daehyeon, and Hyeonggeun still asleep. He placed his chin over his shoulder as he watched him cook breakfast.

"Morning, Jaemin-ah." He mumbled sleeping, arms snaking around the other's waist. "Good morning, Hiroto. Why don't you sit down while I finish this up, hm?"

Hiroto nodded and let go, sitting down at the dining table, trying to keep his eyes open as he waited for him to finish cooking. A little later, Jaemin turned off the stove and returned to the dining table with two plates of food. The other three were on the kitchen counter for the other members for later.

"Why'd you wake up so early? Usually, you wake up as late as Hyeonggeun." Jaemin asked as he pushed the plate towards Hiroto. "Nothing much. I guess I'm just pretty excited to tell manager hyung about the stage name I chose."

"Oh, what is it?"

"Ivy! You know, like poison ivy." Hiroto said excitedly, eyes practically sparkling. A few months ago, their manager came up to them and told them that he and Zihao would have a stage name and since then, Hiroto had been up for months thinking of one.

"What's the meaning behind it?" Jaemin asked, placing an egg on the younger's plate. "So, like, you know how poison ivies are pretty on the outside, right? But on stage, I release poison that intoxicated the audience! How does that sound?"

Jaemin chuckled at his enthusiasm. "It's smart, Roto-yah. You should tell Jiwon hyung later at practice." Hiroto nodded and began eating his breakfast.

Later in the afternoon, upon arriving to the practice room at the company building, Hiroto found Jiwon, their manager, and immediately ran to him. "Hyung! Hyung!"

"Oh, Hiroto? What's the urgency?" He asked as he stripped off his black padded jacket and took the one from the trainee. "I chose a stage name."

"Really? What is it?" Hiroto explained to the older, giving him the full meaning, too. Jiwon nodded in acknowledgement. "Hmm, I don't know. Don't you think that name doesn't suit you that much?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" He tilted his head to the side, eyebrows furrowed. He'd spent months making up a name, just for him to be told that it didn't even fit him.

"I mean, you're pretty on and off stage! You give off this cute, ethreal vibe regardless." Jiwon explained politely.

Before Hiroto could even respond, Zihao had called his name to start practice. Instead, he sighed and nodded solemnly before running over, leaving a sweating Jiwon who let out a sigh of relief.

"What was that all about, hyung?" Hyeonggeun asked, tying the string of his sweatpants as he did. Hiroto shook his head with a smile. "It's nothing, Ggeun-ah. Come on, let's get into position before Zao hyung kicks our asses."

As they practiced, Jiwon took out his phone and dialled a number, leaving the practice room as he did. Hyeonggeun was the only one to notice.