Chapter 52

I asked on IG and Twitter if they wanted another chap or a 2-part Epilogue of Yale’s pov. Karamihan po sa sumagot ay ‘both’, kaya ito na po ang additional chapter at ang last pov ni Deanne. Thank you for participating to that poll.

Thank you so much for showing your support for this story. Yale is one of the best heroes I’ve ever created. Even myself was surprised from the outcome of his character. This is one of the best parts of writing a novel. Discovering and exploring other’s lives and telling you what I’ve seen or imagined. On the upcoming Epilogues, we will deep-dive into his life and the Montevistas.

The next novel I decided to write is ‘Mark My Skin.’ Jandro who is the male lead, is part of my TOUCH Series’ Lion Heart. But if you would ask me, who will be the next De Silva to be written, it’s Nick. (To tell you frankly, I’m excited to start that story but I felt like I also need to breathe for a while.) I’ve been receiving love notes for Jandro. Thank you for that. It means, his character left memories with you and still curious about him.

Thank you for always reading my novels. But can I have a request? Please… be humble to one another. I don’t have loads of restrictions when it comes to my novels for as long as it will not ruin the reputations of the characters, the story and me--as the author. I want to let you be inspired from what I created. But learning about quarrels to some of you is breaking me. Saddened me. Before, someone said, it was a safe haven to be with my readers, because there was no issue at all. Can we rebirth that ‘safe haven’ for all of us?

Please, be humble to one another. We all have problems. Sometimes, it’s not easy to face one. But meeting a humbled person, online and in real world, could make a difference. Words are very powerful. Use it wisely. And always remember this: 

“GOD is opposed to the proud. But He gives grace to the humble.”

And Proverbs 18:21 says, “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

Be humble. I’ll look forward to that. 

(I’m sorry for the long letter. I’m still sad while writing this. Or maybe not anymore when I post this up online. I don’t know. Thank you for reading.)

---

“The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.” – Psalms 145:8-9

--

Chapter 52

Deanne 

Looking back, it never occurred to me that a Montevista man would step into my family. Kaaway o hadlang sila sa paningin namin. Pinagkainterisan lang para kuhanan ng impormasyon nang mabali ang kanilang maiitim na plano. But a Montevista man stepped into my life and changed me inside. Like some fearless warrior who infiltrated my whole plan and owned me instead. He fought harder and fiercer. He was wounded. He was knocked down but stood up again. He was an antifragile human example for me. He became stronger after being tortured inside. He was a good warrior.

Naging opisyal nang parte ng The Paradise Hotel and Casino si Tito Dale. Yale agreed the thirty-percent shares for a Montejo. While he was still the major owner. He took Rock’s shares. Leonard and their mother, Rosalinda Montevista, still has their own shares in the company. Though, Yale took all the works of managing it, he didn’t want to take the sole ownership. What a good man I have with me. I cannot still believe that he is mine.

I avoided the media. Alam nilang kasal ako kay Yale Montevista. Pero dahil halos ma-bankrupt ang hotel, interisado silang halukayin ang estado ng asawa ko, at pamilya ko. They assumed; the De Silvas helped him to rebuild himself in the business world. Kaya naging matunog ulit ang The Paradise sa publiko. Daddy didn’t want to entertain the reporters. Tito Dale insisted that he really wanted to invest in his hotel. Maybe, kailangan ko pang palakasin ang loob ng asawa ko. Na may tiwala sa kakayahan niya si Tito Dale. Tinalikuran niya lang dati ang pagma-manage noon dahil sa akin. But now that we’re together, siya na ulit ang hahawak ng negosyo.