𝟑| 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Your Majesty." Milan and Shang reply, bowing as Y/n frowns.

"My advisors tell me the charts are clear. If this wedding does not take place in three days, the alliance will crumble and the Mongols will destroy us." The Emperor informs, beginning to walk by to his throne. "Mark my words, General, three days."

"Not a moment more, Your Majesty." Shang assures.

The Emperor squints his eyes at the only girl in the room. "I know that face, L/n Y/n. What troubles you?"

"Your Majesty, an arranged marriage?" Y/n asks in disbelief before she's walking up to him when he motioned her forward.

"Rest assured, child, my daughters know exactly what they are doing." The Emperor tells her.

Y/n's eyes widen. "Your daughters?"

"They consider it an honor to marry in the cause of peace." The Emperor reassures.

Y/n bows her head. "Your Majesty, I, uh..."

"Apology accepted." The Emperor states as the boys walk up. "General, how many troops do you estimate you will need to accomplish this mission?"

Shang smiles, glancing at his friends. "Three."

"Three companies?" The Emperor questions.

"Three men." Milan corrects, understanding what his friend what getting at.

"You surprise me, General. These are my children." The Emperor reminds.

"This mission does not call for force, but finesse. We must become one with the countryside." Shang informs.

The Emperor nods. "As Emperor, I trust you. As a father, I implore you to choose your three soldiers wisely."

"I know just the men. Fearless." Shang begins.

"Loyal." Milan adds.

"And disciplined." Y/n finishes. "China's most honorable and noble soldiers."

🗡

The small town in China was quiet and peaceful, except for the three men that were fighting against other men in a bar. Dust laid all around as the sun was up high in the sky. Three men could be seen being thrown out of the said bar in the small town in China, the smallest one landing first, the skinnier one landing on him and the largest one landing on top of both.

Chien-Po, Yao and Ling all looked up upon seeing three pairs of feet standing right in front of their faces, seeing Y/n, Milan and Shang all standing in front of the three men, smiling down at them at the sight of them.

"Y/n. Milan. General Shang." The three men say in unison.

Shang chuckles. "If you three aren't too busy disturbing the peace, I need you to join me, Milan and Y/n on a mission."

"To save China?" Ling asks, voice full of hope.

Milan nods. "Naturally."

"I'll be leaving behind a few broken hearts, but count me in." Yao tells them.

"Sign me up." Ling adds.

"When do we start, General?" Chien-Po questions.

"Tonight." Shang replies.

🗡

The night sky was out in China as the crickets were chirping in the tall grass as a small carriage could be seen in the back of the Emperor's palace, two horses at the front of the carriage so they'd be able to ride the carriage. Near the carriage, Milan and Shang could be seen peaking out before Milan motioned over to a corner of the palace.

Yao, Chien-Po and Ling were all peaking out from behind the wall before they were walking forward when Milan motioned them over. Three shadows soon came into their view, making all the men look over just in time to see the Emperor's daughters walking side by side before they stopped by a wall, turning to face their father.

The Emperor had been trailing behind them with Y/n right behind him, clasping her hands behind her back. The men watched as the Emperor's daughters bowed their heads at him before bringing out fans and covering the bottom half of their faces, walking down the stairs and towards the carriage.

Shang opened up the door, letting them head inside as Milan bowed his head at them. As the first two were inside, the last one stepped up on the stairs, only to stop as she felt her shoe fall off of her foot and hearing a slight thump when the shoe fell onto the concrete ground.

Yao, who had watched the whole thing, found himself jogging over, his eyes on the princess' shoe before he bent down and grabbed it, stopping on one knee. Looking up, his eyes met the princess' eyes as hers widened. The two stared at one another for a few seconds before Yao bowed as he held the shoe out to her.

Putting her foot out, the princess places the shoe back on with the help of Yao before she was walking backwards in the carriage, a slight blush on her cheeks, at least as much as Yao could see with the fan covering the bottom of her face.

Chien-Po and Ling watched as Yao jogged back over to them, stopping on the other side of Ling as he let out a dreamy sigh, making the other two men share a glance, clearly wondering what made their friend like this.

Meanwhile, Shang and Milan both stopped by the door, seeing the three princesses, Ting Ting, Mei and Su, all sitting together in the carriage as the bottom half of their faces were still covered by the fans they held in their hands.

"We're about to depart, Your Highnesses." Milan informs.

"You have our word we will arrive swiftly and safely." Shang adds.

"My sisters and I thank you, General Shang and Fa Milan." Ting Ting tells them just when Y/n walks up.

"Permit me to introduce L/n Y/n." Milan states, smiling at his lover.

"It is a privilege to meet the hero of China." Mei speaks up.

"I leave you in her capable hands." Shang assures.

As he walks off, Milan presses a kiss to Y/n's cheek before he follows the General, leaving her blushing a bit. Telling the princesses it was a bit chilly, the girl hands the princesses blankets before she hopped on the edge of the door, glancing between all of them.

"So, you're getting married?" Y/n recalls in question.

Mei nods. "Oh, yes."

"To princes in Qui Gong." Y/n continues.

"That's right." Ting Ting replies.

"Well, they must be handsome." Y/n states with a slight smile.

"We don't know. We've never met them." Su admits.

Y/n's brows raise in slight shock. "Really? So you have no idea what they're like at all."

"It's alright, L/n Y/n. It's our honor to serve the Emperor." Ting Ting reassures.

"And the Middle Kingdom." Mei adds.

"The whole thing is so exciting. We're very happy, really." Su finishes off.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that. I'm not sure I could go through with some--" Y/n begins.

However, the girl is cut off by the sound of Milan's voice calling out to her, telling her they were ready to move out. After giving her goodbyes to the princesses, the girl jogs to her horse, hopping on as she slowly rides beside Shang and Milan.

"If we get to the Honshu pass by midday tomorrow--" Milan starts.

"We'll have just enough time to make it to Qui Gong." Shang concludes.