Midnight Music

Sure, everyone in the house loved music, but Virgil lived for it. Sometimes it was the the only thing keeping him grounded when he felt like giving up.
He fantasized a lot. About having a best friend who understands everything, about someone loving him in every way a person can. Not to sound too much like Roman, but Virgil loved the idea of reaching his happy ever after.
That's what music was to him; it was the hope he had for the life he wanted, the hope he had in becoming the person he wanted to be.
Last year, for Virgil's one year anniversary for his name reveal, Roman had gotten him these really nice soundproof headphones. There had been a little note attached saying that, since Roman had been seeing Virgil with these crappy earbuds, he wanted to give him an upgrade.
Now, Virgil was dancing around the house at about 2.30 in the morning while blasting music into his ears.

Roman's POV
I heard something downstairs when I woke up, and I shot out of bed at the sound. I grabbed my swords from beside my bed before I began slowly making my way downstairs.
I was relieved to see Virgil in the kitchen. As I turned around to go back up to my room, I heard Virgil humming along to whatever he was listening to. Though I knew it wasn't good to eavesdrop, I carefully put my sword down before creeping to to the bottom step.
I poked my head around the corner and smiled as I watched Virgil dance along to the music blasting though his headphones. Unfortunately, I knee that he'd be heading upstairs at some point, and I'd be busted. But I didn't wanna leave either. This led to me having an internal debate for a couple seconds.
Eventually though, I decided on my next move. I slowly creeped my way over to the kitchen, making sure that he didn't see me until the last second before I hugged him. I didn't want to scare him to bad, so I decided that a hug was the best idea.
He had jumped as he pulled his headphones down around his neck.

Virgil's POV
As soon as I had heard that devilish laugh, I had known who it was.
"Geez, Roman! What are you trying to do, kill me!?" I whisper screamed.
"If I wanted you dead, I'd be standing over your dead corpse right now." He said into my ear with a low voice.
Now- what he had said was actually quite normal. Since he literally embodies creativity, he sometimes has some fucked thoughts; the part that got me was how he had spoken into my ear. I mean- since when did his voice sound like a growl?!
I could feel my face heat up as I hid my face in my hands.
"Wow, who would've thought a threat could make you so flustered." He was still hugging me from behind and talking into my sensitive ear, causing me to squeal internally.
"Shut uppppp!!" I said as I sat on the floor, throwing my face into my hands.
Surprisingly, Roman sat down with me. He ended up wrapping his arm around me, like he wanted attention or something. When I turned to look at him, I saw that he was getting really tired.
"Hey, Princey." I said gently as I shook him a little.
"Hm?" He grumbled.
"Are you gonna go lay down? You still have make it back up to your room." I pointed out.
"Can I go with you to yours?" Roman looked over at me as he hugged me arm. Usually I wouldn't have even considered it, but tonight, I decided 'why not?'. After a slight pause, I finally answered him. "Sure, just don't to anything stupid." I sat hi, holding out my hand to help him up.
"Thanks." He said as I pulled him up with a slight grunt.
We made out way over to the stairs and I smiled as I watched Roman pick up his sword. It was t hard to see that Roman had been anticipating a fight with some burglar.
As we made it into my room, Roman collapsed into my bed and lost himself in my blankets. He smiled as he sat up out of the pile, straightening the blankets out a bit.
I climbed in next to him. At first I thought that I was going to be laying awake as Roman slept, but that he slowly felt his eyelids getting heavy.
As I realized that Roman had said something, I snapped myself out of my thoughts.
"Hm?" I hummed.
"I asked if you could play some sort of sound to play in the background; I don't like quiet."
"Oh, yeah, sure." I grabbed my phone and connected it to the fancy speakers I had built into my headboard (I wish) and played one of my more mellow playlists.
Soon, I was cuddling into Roman's he wrapped his arms around me protectively. I had a small smile on my face because of how comfy I felt.
The music axed softly as I felt Roman's body slowly relay around me. Usually Id be using the music as a way to escape, but not this time; this time I was seeing it as a reason to enjoy the right now. Which, by the way, felt absolutely amazing. I hummed along to music as I finally relaxed.
"Your voice is really pretty." Roman mumbled, half asleep.
"Thanks, but you should hear your own."
"I already appreciate my voice, and I think that you should do the same.
"I'll consider."
We laid there in a comfortable silence for a while after that. Then I suddenly found my mind relaxing. My breathing was in synch with his, and the next thing I knew, we were both asleep.
Good night Princey <3