chapter 35

"Why are we even doing this?" Minho asked in an annoyed tone, when he put on the same clothes he had worn at their prom. He didn't like the memories this outfit brought back.

"Because Sungie asked us to." Hyunjin rolled his eyes. He was only wearing his pants so far and he had to admit that he didn't like this as well.

Yesterday evening, Jisung had asked them to put on their best clothes because he had planned a surprise for them. And it worried both Minho and Hyunjin because it would either be the best surprise ever or something would go wrong.

Now they were standing in Hyunjin's room, getting ready for whatever Jisung had planned.

"But why so suddenly? I don't like surprises." Minho continued to complain.

"Oh, shut up. I'm sure it will be something romantic." Standing in front of Minho, the brunette began fixing his tie. At first Minho tried to shove him away and do it himself, but Hyunjin didn't move, so Minho gave up and let him do it.

"If you think so." Minho muttered, so that Hyunjin didn't understand him.

"And now stop pouting like that. You look way too cute." Hyunjin teasingly pulled Minho closer with his tie, until their faces were almost touching. Then he pecked Minho's lips, seeing how his face instantly lit up, even if he tried to act like it didn't have an effect on him.

"Cute? I'm not cute, I'm hot. You're the cute one." Minho watched, how Hyunjin turned around to continue doing his hair.

Hyunjin simply ignored his comment, even though he couldn't hide the blush, that was covering his face. Luckily Minho was standing behind him, so he couldn't see his face.

"How does this look?" Hyunjin had tied half of his hair up, a few strands at the front were falling onto his face.

"Perfect." The older pushed one of the strands behind Hyunjin's ear, letting his hand rest against his cheek.

Closing his eyes for a second, Hyunjin noticed how excited he actually was. Or was he nervous? He couldn't really tell.

Minho's warm hand against his skin calmed him down and then he felt Minho's lips brush against his ear. "I love you." The older whispered, pulling away and sitting down on the bed as if nothing had happened.

Even after being with him for months, he felt the butterflies in his stomach whenever he looked at Minho. Just that now he was comfortable around him.

"Hurry up or we'll be late."

...

They had expected Jisung to pick them up, but instead Chan was waiting in front of Hyunjin's house.

"Where are we going?" Hyunjin asked when they were sitting in the back of the car and Chan was driving them.

"You'll see. I promised Jisung to not tell you." He chuckled, knowing that his friends were really curious.

"Why didn't he pick us up himself?" Minho raised a brow. Even though he usually didn't like being left in the dark like this, he had to admit that it was kind of fun.

"You're going to kidnap us, aren't you?"

"You ask too many questions." Chan sighed, parking the car. "We're here, just enjoy your night."

With a surprised expression, Hyunjin looked out of the window and immediately frowned. "Our school?"

"Why are we here?" Minho looked just as confused as Hyunjin.

"You'll see. Now get out." Chan laughed when he watched the two walk to the entrance of the school, hand in hand and probably guessing what was happening.

Minho opened the door, holding it open for Hyunjin. When he stepped inside after the younger, he saw rose petals on the floor, leading through the hallway.

"Han Jisung, what did you do?" Looking over at Hyunjin, he saw that the boy was smiling brightly.

"I told you, it would be something cute." Hyunjin took his hand again, dragging him through their school, following the rose petals on the floor.

"But why in school?"

"We'll see." He was even more eager to find out what this was about, now.

They stopped in front of the door to their gym, where the roses on the floor stopped. "Are we supposed to go in?" Hyunjin whispered.

Since it was a saturday evening, no one was here. It was really quiet in such a big building.

"Obviously yes." By now, Minho was excited as well and he finally wanted to see what Jisung was doing in there.

They were giggling quietly, when Hyunjin pushed the door open and what he saw, made his jaw drop. Minho was still standing behind him, with wide eyes, not believing what he was seeing.

Their eyes met Jisung's and the youngest smiled shyly. He was standing in the middle of the room, alone. The dimly lit room looked similar to how it had looked at their prom and soft music was playing in the background.

The wall was decorated with glitter and balloons, it looked almost like pink, purple and blue waterfalls were flowing down from the ceiling.

It was truly magical, but they couldn't take their eyes off each other. Tears gathered in Hyunjin's eyes when he was the first one to move.

Running towards Jisung, he wrapped his arms around him tightly, kissing him deeply. Minho soon followed, slowly walking up to them and caressing Jisung's cheek when Hyunjin pulled away from the kiss. He captured Jisung's lips with his own as well, just in a rather calm way.

"You did all of this?" Now Hyunjin was looking around him, noticing all the small decorations.

"Chan hyung helped me." He admitted. "I thought, since our prom didn't end well, we could recreate it."

"This is amazing, Ji. Thank you so much."

Their evening was filled with laughs, but also with a lot of love. They were dancing together, not caring if they accidentally stepped onto each other's feet, because everything that mattered was being with each other in this moment.

Chan watched them from the door, taking a few pictures that he would send Jisung later, so that the three boys could look back to this day. Then he walked back to his car, knowing that he would have to drive them back home when they were drunk.

♡♡♡