~1|𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝~

❦︎

❦︎

Rukmini's painful screams echoed around the palace of Dwarka which was replaced by a child's cry. Everyone roaming outside the room suddenly stopped in their steps the moment they heard a child's cry.

"Dwarika is blessed to have Shri Krishna's daughter!" Said the Dai as soon as she came out with the little princess in her arms.

Everyone beamed with joy at her arrival. She handed over Dwarka's only princess to her father who took her in his arms, smiling at her.

*****

"Charumathi!"

Everyone present in the Sabha beamed with joy upon hearing the name announced. Their princess was finally given a name. A beautiful name indeed!

While everyone was celebrating, Rukmini said, "I wish Pradyumna was here as well..." And sighed sadly as soon as she said this.

Shri Krishna heard it and looked at her only to find her face expressing her confusion of whether to be happy on being blessed with another child that too a daughter or to mourn her first son's absence.

He sighed and put hands around her shoulder, comforting her. She too consoled herself and decided not to ruin her daughter's special day.

"Pranipat, Vasudev!" They heard.

Upon looking forward they saw Yudhishthira, with his brothers and their wife, Draupadi with them.

The couple folded their hands and bowed a little together.

Yudhishthira came forward and hugged Krishna while saying, "Badhai ho, Vasudev!"

Shri Krishna too smiled and hugged him back. Breaking the hug, Yudhishthira stepped aside and let his brothers congratulate as well, who were followed by their wife.

"All the congratulations are fine, but did you give our Charumathi your blessings yet?" Asked Rukmini and everyone smiled.

They started to head towards the cradle when they heard another congrats. It was Duryodhana along with few of his brothers and his uncle, Shakuni.

They all too congratulated the couple and asked to meet the princess. Shri Krishna happily agreed and they all headed towards the cradle.

As soon as they reached near her, they heard a giggle, which made them smile.

Yudhishthira was the first one to pick her up after Rukmini took her in her arms from the cradle. It felt as if holding serene itself.

"She is truly Vasudev's daughter!" He exclaimed.

Baby Charumathi giggled as if she knows what was said just now, making everyone laugh.

"Jeshth, even we are in the queue, let us meet her as well!" Said Sehdev and that was when Yudhishthira realised his brothers were eagerly waiting to hold her as well.

He laughed and handed over Charumathi to Draupadi, not before blessing her. Draupadi was immediately flattered upon holding her.

"Oh! She is so beautiful! Inside and out. May you have a very happy life ahead!" She kissed Charumathi's forehead and carefully handed her over to Bheem.

Bheem carefully took the little human in his big hands and hugged her. Charumathi gracefully reciprocated the hug which made everyone look at them with awe.

When with Arjun, Charumathi kept on giggling at his talks even though she couldn't understand anything.

When with Nakul, she laughed along with him as they were talking in baby language with each other, making others laugh as well.

When with Sehdev, she at first stared at him as he sighed a little sadly and looked at Shri Krishna and then the little innocent princess. Nevertheless he later smiled and played with her.

Charumathi then went into the arms of Duryodhana, whom many thought will not be able to handle a child. But surprising those people, Duryodhana gracefully embraced the princess.

"Oh I wish to have a daughter as well now..." He whispered while remembering his pregnant wife, Bhanumathi who was eager to meet the princess as well but couldn't come due to weakness.

Soon, Subhadra, carrying a small baby bump, too joined in who though already met the princess and went to meet her other sister-in-laws, came back to meet the young member again.

No rivalry and no bitter relationships were followed that day.

It was her day!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hiiii lovelies!! *Hearts*
Hope you liked the chapter!
Please vote and share your views!!
Add the book to your library if you haven't already, to get the regular updates of the book.

I know the updates are slow but, you all already know what's going on. Right?

Drop your views! ;)

𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘠𝘰𝘶
~𝘎𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘹𝘺𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯07❤︎

❦︎