13. Sick

Author's notes: Hey, look, I'm alive! I'm really really sorry for the late updates. I had my Mid-Years and Chinese O Levels, hence why I couldn't get back into writing.

To be honest, I also feel as though many people have lost interest in my stories -but to those who have willingly waited and are still interested in reading 'moments with you', I honestly cannot thank you enough for this chance. Thank you.

~

"Hello? GoGo? GoGo Tomago? Are you in there?" Tadashi Hamada squints into the peephole of the wooden door - only for it to swing out and hit him in the face seconds later.

"What do you want?" A frazzled GoGo addresses the figure clutching his nose. Her tousled hair - sticking up in odd angles - along with her too-large shirt and black boxers is a fair indication that she has been asleep (or trying to fall sleep) before Tadashi rung the doorbell a few seconds ago. "And woman up. I didn't open the door that hard."

GoGo Tomago does not appreciate people turning up at her doorstep 8 am in the morning - especially when she's supposed to be in bed with a flu. And cough. And a slight fever. And a serious lack of sleep because she's been coughing a lung out for two nights and counting. Even if it's Tadashi Hamada (Or rather, especially if it's him.)

"You weren't in the lab yesterday or the day before," Tadashi points out, now rubbing his nose gently. "And Honey Lemon said you weren't feeling well. So I came to visit." His demeanor seems to brighten at the word 'visit', but GoGo grits her teeth instead because she does not appreciate Honey Lemon blurting out every single fact about her to Tadashi (including the one last week on how she was actually a closet Captain America fan (1) ).

"I'm not in the mood for-" GoGo pauses flatly to search for a suitable word. "For whatever you have in mind. And I only slept for about two hours last night, so if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to bed." GoGo prepares to close the door, but Tadashi jams his foot in between (She winces at his yelp of pain).

"C'mon GoGo, let me in," Tadashi insists. "I'm helping you make breakfast cos I'm pretty sure you're an awful cook." GoGo bristles mildly (though even she can't deny the truth of the statement), pretty sure that piece of information comes courtesy of Honey Lemon.

"Do you and Honey Lemon always talk behind my back when I'm not there?" She gripes. But she relents and swings the door open for Tadashi to enter anyway. His persistence is culminating in a headache that she cannot afford to have.

"Well," Tadashi mulls over it for a while. "I happen to talk about you a lot. Honey Lemon just supplies more information." He turns in the direction of her kitchen and proceeds to dump his groceries on the counter top dismissively.

GoGo's face turns a light shade of red. She's pretty sure it's due to her fever.

~

She ends up changing into something that smells less and is more presentable. In the midst of pulling on her sweatpants, GoGo thinks she's pretty lucky that Tadashi didn't notice the heart print boxers she was wearing when he came in. It would have done a lot to her 'Punk-Biker-Tough-Girl' image - the one she's ended up adopting to keep people away. When GoGo looks back, she thinks it's strange how it never worked for Honey, Wasabi and Fred. And Tadashi.

Now dressed in a white shirt far too big for her, and a pair of grey sweatpants, GoGo curls back into her bed. The new clothes makes her feel just the slightest bit better, but it's still hard to breathe (the flu, she mentally notes), it's still a little cold (the fever), and she's still coughing at 120-second intervals (Yes, being ill has made her bored enough to count the seconds between each of her coughs).