The Hogwarts Express

"Wait, Harry Potter? My dad used to talk about you all the time. Are you some kind of bigshot or something?" Oliver asked.

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but Ron cut him off.

"He survived an attack from You-Know-Who," he blurted out.

"Who?" Oliver asked in confusion.

"You mean Voldemort?" Harry asked.

Ron suddenly slapped Harry's shoulder and frowned. "Don't say his name!" Ron yelled.

"Who's Voldemort?" Oliver asked, even more confused than before.

"Stop saying his name!" Ron yelled, looking like he was about to blow a gasket.

"Ok, jeez dude, chill out," Oliver said. He turned back to Harry. "So, this mysterious man whose name we can't say without Ron getting his knickers in a twist, attacked you and you survived it?" Oliver asked, trying to clarify.

Harry nodded his head.

"That doesn't sound too special," Oliver said, sounding a little disappointed. "Sounds like a normal day growing up in London."

"Except it was only one of the most feared dark wizards of all time," Ron said defensively. "How have you not heard of him?"

Oliver shrugged his shoulders and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't know about literally any of this. I received a letter informing me of my acceptance at Hogwarts a few months after my Dad died. Then my mom revealed that he was apparently a wizard, and so was my brother. Next thing I knew, I found myself wearing this ridiculous robe and boarding a magical train bound for a fairy tale land." Oliver reached down and retrieved his wand from his bag, adding, "At least I obtained this cool thing from it."

Just then, the door swung open, and a girl with gigantic poofy brown hair stood at the doorway.

"Have any of you seen a toad around here?" she asked. "Neville apparently lost it."

All the boys shook their heads. The girl noticed Oliver holding his wand

"Practicing magic, are we? Let's see it then," she said, sounding very smug.

Oliver did not like her tone. He got the sense that she thought she was above everyone else.

"Uh, okay," Oliver said reluctantly. He aimed his wand at the wall, having no idea what to do. He blurted out, "Alakazam," hoping something would happen. However, nothing happened.

The girl laughed hysterically. "Are you sure that's a real spell?" she asked, still laughing. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've only done a few simple spells myself." She sat down next to Oliver and across from Harry.

"Make yourself at home, I guess," Oliver remarked.

"For example," she said, ignoring Oliver's comment, "Oculus repairo." She held her wand in front of Harry's face. Suddenly, Harry's broken glasses were completely fixed.

"Whoa, thank you," Harry said.

"Pfff, showoff," Oliver said, sinking in his seat.

Harry took his glasses off in amazement. The girl noticed the big lightning bolt shaped scar on his forehead.

"Holy cricket, you're Harry Potter. I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione exclaimed. She then turned to Oliver, giving him a dirty look. "And you are?" she asked.

"I'm Oliver Montclair," he answered.

"Pleasure," Hermione said with a hint of disgust.

"And I'm Ron Weasley," Ron said with his mouth full of chocolate.

"You guys should get changed into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon and get sorted. I do hope I'm in Gryffindor, but Ravenclaw wouldn't be so bad either." Hermione then got up and left.

"Thank God" Oliver exclaimed "I thought she'd never leave. I'm dropping out if I'm in the same house as her."

Harry and Ron both laughed.