❛𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

Ji Ah was with Terry who was the Imoogi. A day before Yeon and Hye Jin told Ji Ah their plan and told her that her part would be to keep the Imoogi away till they get the ground cherries.

They both were standing silently when Ji Ah's phone buzzed. She unlocked the phone and taped on Yeon's messages and saw the picture of the ground cherries tree. She felt a rush of emotions hit her but controlled herself and looked at the Imoogi.

"Terry," she said which made the Imoogi smile. Don't act like a man in front of me." this made its smile fade.

"To me, you're nothing but an enemy who took my parents away." Ji Ah said with a snarl.

"So you knew, huh?" he said laughing, finding it amusing. "Is that why you have been keeping me with you?"

"You are too defenceless for someone who knows who I am."

"Hye Jin told me that you can't kill me."

"Ah, of course." he said scoffing with a smile. "Well it's true." he then grabbed Ji Ah's hand and kissed her fingers. "Because I like you."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

Ji Ah ran quickly to her house. She saw Yeon standing outside waiting for her. She ran to him and hugged him, tears welling up in her eyes. Ji Ah entered the house first and Yeon followed her from behind. Inside Hye Jin stood in the hallway.

As her eyes fell on her parents' faces who were looking at the photos, tears escaped her eyes and she quickly ran to them and hugged them together.

"You are real, right? You are my real mom and dad, right?" Ji Ah sobbed happy to finally be in their presence.

When she realised that they weren't hugging her back she pulled away. "Mom. Can't you recognise my face?" she asked.

She then turned to her father, "Dad. It's me Ji Ah. Your daughter."

They didn't reply which broke Ji Ah but she also understood their confusion. "Well, it's been 21 years, so.."

"My daughter. You've grown so much." Ji Ah's mother finally spoke.

"But you're still a crybaby." the father said wiping her tears away.

"Can you recognise my face?"

"All parents can recognise their child's face."

The three hugged once again. Crying in each other's embrace. Hye Jin looked away from them when she couldn't control her own tears from falling. She missed her own parents' warmth who she lost early in her life in both her previous and current life.

Yeon grabbed Hye Jin's wrist and pulled her outside, giving Ji Ah and her family the privacy and time they need. Hye Jin quickly wiped her tears and let Yeon guide her out. Once they were out the door, Yeon hugged her. It confused Hye Jin.

"What-"

"Shush! Be quiet and take my amazing hugs."

Hye Jin chuckled and hugged Yeon back. She sighed deeply and closed her eyes letting Yeon's warmth wrap around her. If someone told her that one day she would have people who will love her dearly she would have laughed and said that she only had her sister who would love her but now she had a whole new family who loves and cares about her.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

It was the next day. Hye Jin had gone to the HQ and resigned which she wanted to do for a while.

She had not told anyone about it but since she got to know about her past and identity she had been practising and meditating to tap into her fox essence with Taluipa's help. That's how she was able to sneak up to Yeon and Rang effortlessly and had accidentally compelled Junho to do the paperwork.

Due to her training for days, she was able to lift the glamour Taluipa had casted. Hye Jin felt horrible taking a dead woman's place which also made the people that woman knew to forget about her. She erased everything about her and restored their memories.

She then searched for other apartment that she could move to since the one she lives in belonged to someone else. She still didn't find any place which suited her taste and which was close to good facilities. The salary she got from her own hard work would last for two months so she planned to get a part-time job.

Right now she was at her apartment's living room scrolling through the long lists of apartments. While she kept scanning the list, she got a call. It was Rang, without noticing a smile stretched on her lips.

She cleared her throat and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Hye Jin, are you free this evening?"

"Huh? Oh yes-yes I am?" Hye Jin replied, cursing at herself when her answer sounded like a question.

"Yoo Ri said she wanted to invite you to have dinner. She could have called you herself but she doesn't have your number." Rang explained.

"Oh, well you could have given her the number."

The line was silent for a beat before Rang cleared his throat and responded. "I wanted to invite you myself."

Hye Jin's heart skipped a beat. "Oh, um I'll be there. So at seven?"

"Yes."

After the call ended, Hye Jin started to dance around in happiness then stopped and looked at the time and saw that she has two hours to get ready go up. She left the apartment and reached ten earlier.

She walked through the double doors and strode to the elevators. As she walked her eyes broadened realizing what was about to happen. She quickly turned around to leave the building but the Imoogi took right in front of her. She tried to walk around him but he held her wrist and pulled her towards it despite her struggles.

"No!" Hye Jin cried out.

He brought his face to her ear and whispered, "I want to kill him."

Hye Jin whose face was scowled slowly shifted to a blank expression. The Imoogi smirked and let go of her hand and watched her turn around and go to the elevator.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

AUTHORS NOTE!

Uhh...not again. 😬
The Imoogi spoiled their first date! 🤬
I mean Yoo Ri will be there too but she knows what's going on so she would leave early but now..ugh!

POSTED: August 12, 2023
EDITED: X
WORDS: 1053